Senior Electrical Hydropower Engineer – Canada (closed)
Senior Electrical Hydropower Engineer – Canada
Plan recruitment is currently working in unison with the leading Hydropower & Engineering company organisation to source a Senior Electrical Hydropower Engineer for their office in Canada. They are ideally looking for candidates based in Canada or potentially North America.
Role & Responsibilities
• Prep of system design description.
• Prep and review of single line diagrams, layouts, schematic and control diagrams, load flown and short circuit analysis, motor starting and transient stability analysis, ground grid design, lighting protection, heat tracing, cathodic protection, arc-flush analysis, relay coordination and setting, using Easy power or ETAP software.
• Sizing and selection of major equipment such as turbine generator, GSU and Aux transformers, HV/LV switchgears, UPS and DC battery system, power/control/instrumentation/fire cables, lighting systems (indoor/outdoor), cable tray/raceway system.
• Preparation of spec, datasheets for electrical equipment and power/lighting/earthing system.
• Technical bid evaluation and selection of vendors for electrical equipment and review/approval of vendor data.
• Support of construction and commissioning during project execution.
• Coordination with other disciplines and clients and assisting the Project Manager with assigning work, mentoring staff, and scheduling resources.
• 10 – 20 years’ experience in detailed electrical engineering design for power generation system and substation.
• Familiar with electrical power generation system and HV/MV/LV distribution and control system.
• Familiar with HAZOPD and all safety regulations.
• BS Electrical Engineering
• Electrical design software, ETAP/Easy Power
• Strong technical capability and the ability to work in a team environment
The salary is competitive with additional benefits and potential for relocation bonus.Please contact me directly for further information: Alex Naylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Alex Naylor | Managing Partner | Plan Recruitment Ltd
Office: +44 (0)845 862 2682
Mobile: +44 (0)789 401 6021