SAP BW (Basis/NetWeaver) Administrator (closed)
SAP BW (Basis/NetWeaver) Administrator
Provide SAP NetWeaver technical “Basis” Administration tasks in a large, complex, mission-critical computing environment. This is a senior technical position that will have task lead responsibilities. The SAP Basis Administrator must be well rounded, possess maturity, vision, and a depth of experience that allows for grasping of issues quickly and making educated, critical judgments in the absence of complete information. This candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced 24x7 environment with on-call duties as required. Also must possess the ability to work with a diverse high-performance team.
- The applicant will be expected to have good interpersonal skills for the purposes of requirements gathering from both technical and non-technical members of staff, be sensitive when introducing new technologies and methodologies to established groups and products, but have the conviction to push through technologies that are in the best interests of the company.
- Support 7x24x365 based SAP environment operations during on-call rotation
- Act as a resource as needed during critical system outages to provide management with business impact information necessary to make decisions.
- Interface with customers, business partners, third-party suppliers/vendors, internal IT application programmers, and internal business contacts for both new development and problem determination/resolution.
- Assure the highest levels of stability, integrity, reliability, security, and availability of the SAP environment under his/her responsibility, consistent with the resources available and the established change control policies and prescribed procedures.
- Produce documentation and procedures regarding the proper use and operation of the corporate SAP system infrastructure.
- Assist in sizing and designing the corporate SAP system architecture as required for installed and proposed systems.
- Correct reported problems with SAP software and communication interfaces under his/her responsibility.
- Utilize a problem management tool to track open tickets and follow up to resolution and closure.
- Execute special projects or other related duties as required.
- 4 + years of experience implementing, upgrading, troubleshooting, and supporting enterprise level SAP software environments
- At least 3 SAP project go-lives
- Proficiency with UNIX operating systems and relational databases
- NetWeaver 7.0 Basis and above, including PI, EP, and BW
- Both ABAP and Java NetWeaver stacks, including installation, upgrade, troubleshooting, and patching
- BusinessObjects BI 4.0
- Basic ABAP and Java security, including role construction, SSO, and SNC configuration
- Transport management system setup and maintenance, including CTS+
- SAP Solution Manager 7.0 and Solution Manager Diagnostics
- System and client copies
- SAP ALE technology (RFC, IDOC, etc.)
- Day-to-day maintenance activities, including adding printers, reviewing Early Watch reports, etc.
- IBM AIX 5.3, 6.1
- IBM PowerVM virtualization technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills on highly complex problems
- Project management skills
Director of Recruiting
Staffing Technologies, LLC