Engineering Assistant (closed)
Summary of Responsibilities
Compile and maintain control records and related files to release blueprints, drawings, and engineering documents to manufacturing and other operating departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine documents such as blueprints, drawings, change orders and specifications to verify completeness and accuracy of data.
- Process redline releases, Engineering Change Notices (ECN), Product Change Requests (PCR) and test reports.
- Interact with document originators or engineering liaison personnel to resolve discrepancies and compile required changes to documents.
- Prepare requests for reproduction of documents and supply copies as requested.
- Maintain related manual and/or computerized files for Engineering department.
- Perform general office duties to include data backup, office supply requisitions, data entry and report generation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Keep desk and work area clean and orderly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
Able to work under moderate supervision in a general office setting. Basic knowledge of MS Office software to include Word and Excel. Familiarity with computer networks and e-mail systems. General knowledge of office equipment.