Fortune 500 company seeking an experienced Sr. Java Developer to join their team in this permanent role! To apply for this role, please send resume and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial company is looking for a Senior Software Developer with excellent computer science and programming fundamentals, the ability to appreciate and create abstraction, a strong problem-solving facility, and the desire to work closely within a team. We address the market demand for performance and efficiency by providing industry-leading and innovative solutions powered by the most comprehensive, timely and accurate financial data in the world. We work closely with the business and sales groups to design and develop innovative solutions to satisfy ever-growing customer demands. Our work environment is fast-paced, spirited and friendly. We work with a wide variety of different technologies - Java, C++, Oracle, MQSeries, Perl - whichever it takes to get the job done.
- BS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or comparable experience
- Excellent communication skills
- 3+ years of strong Java / C++ programming experience in Unix/Linux environment
- Proficiency with relational databases / SQL development
- Solid understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms & Object-Oriented design concepts
- Understanding of XML / XSD and other schema driven data
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl/Python
The following skills would be a plus:
- Experience writing complex SQL queries, analyzing query plans and optimizing queries
- Knowledge of DataWarehousing concepts and/or massively parallel processing databases (e.g. Greenplum)
- Extensive knowledge of HTTP protocol, SOAP/REST based Web Services
- Experience with JBoss application server, SOAP based WebServices, IBM MQ.