Transportation Import/Export Specialist (closed)
Founded in Chicago in 1908, Hu-Friedy Manufacturing Company helps dental professionals perform at their best by producing dental instruments designed to function as an extension of each practitioner's particular skill. Its products, hand-crafted by highly-skilled artisans, are known for their precision, performance, longevity, reliability and quality. Hu-Friedy products are distributed in more than 75 countries, and the Company has offices in Rotterdam, Milan, Shanghai and Tokyo. For further information, please visit our website at http://www.hu-friedy.com.
We are currently seeking a Transportation Import/Export Specialist to be based out of our world headquarters in Chicago.
In this role, the Transportation Import/Export Specialist’s key responsibilities will include:
- Accurately and punctually submitting all documentation for import and export shipments with appropriate agencies.
- Maintaining master data integrity related to shipping and global trade.
- Assisting in day to day management of transportation partners
- Includes rate negotiation, partner selection as well as the development and implementation of policies and procedures in the transportation department.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- B.S., Logistics, Supply Chain Management or relevant business degree
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience supporting or related to import/export activity
- Knowledge of state, federal and international shipping/trade laws.
- CFR 49 and IATA certified
- Strong knowledge of harmonized tariff code system
- MS Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and SAP
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with focus on attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written skills necessary to communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Strong interpersonal and customer interface skills
To apply for this position online, please visit our website at http://www.hu-friedy.com. Then click the “Careers” tab on the top toolbar.
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer