SOFTWARE ENGINEER Exalogic Cloud Management team (closed)
Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers—including 100 of the Fortune 100—representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe. Oracle's product strategy provides flexibility and choice to our customers across their IT infrastructure.
Oracle is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work as part of the Exalogic Cloud Management team. The successful candidate will be joining an existing dynamic development team based in Dublin. They will be part of the product development team that provides hands on software development, testing and support. This project will deliver to the Exalogic Cloud Management module and build on the existing Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platform. The candidate will be expected to deliver high quality well tested code in a timely fashion to meet predetermined deadlines per project plan.
The successful candidates will use the following technologies:
J2EE, JMX, JPA, XML, SOAP & REST Web Services, JDeveloper, NetBeans, command line tools, code management tools (ADE, hg, svn)
We will offer you the opportunity to hone your skills working alongside some of the most experienced, brightest minds in the industry. The opportunity to build a career in the Cloud. Accelerate and define your career with the Exalogic Cloud Management team - Oracle’s fastest growing product ever, and the foundation of the rapidly expanding portfolio of Oracle Engineered Systems.What we look for:
- Candidate should be degree level (or above) with minimum 3 years IT industry experience. Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Experience in software development with Java (JavaEE).
- Experience with Solaris and Linux operating systems with high competency level – with system admin level and kernel knowledge a big advantage.
- Experience in backend server systems
- Experienced with the full software product development life cycle.
- Must have the ability to write functional design specs.
- The following experience would be beneficial:
- Experience in Java Management Extensions (JMX/MBeans), Java Persistence API (JPA), XML and Web Services.
- Understanding computing virtualization concepts (specifically Amazon EC2)
- Understanding in networking optimizations, IP over IB (InfiniBand)
- It is desirable to have Java and/or J2EE certifications.
- Strong communication skills.
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, commitment, self-belief and results-orientation.
- The ability to self-manage, with strong organisational and planning skills.
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated to continuously expand personal and professional knowledge.
- The ability to work with a dynamic and multinational team in addition to the ability to work alone at times.
- An eagerness to work in a high pressured, fast moving and challenging environment.
- A passion for technology.
Look at how the Oracle are shaping and innovating in the world of Technology : Oracle President Mark Hurd's and SVP of Product Development Thomas Kurian's keynote at Oracle OpenWorld 2011