MySQL DBA (closed)
Odyssey IS is currently working with a North Dallas company to find a skilled MySQL DBA to join its team. This is an immediate need and they would like this person to start ASAP. Details are below so if interested please forward a WORD resume along with your salary requirements directly to KristinH@odysseyis.com - US Citizen/GC or EAD holders only please as you MUST be able to work W2.
- The DBA will be working on a hybrid database that exists inside of an application and is only “alive” when the application is running, similar to an object oriented database
- The DBA will be working with our Gift Card/Loyalty Card group as well as our Corporate Server environment
- This position will have focus on the schema, dashboards, reporting, and “things above the data”
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of application development and be able to understand the concepts of development; in particular, Java in an Agile environment
- The day to day activities may include: daily Developer “stand up” meetings, operational meetings, working with the team to discuss and plan for design schemes, planning for web reporting tools, future/present planning, how to support the DB, monitoring system health, solving current problems (i.e. replication at the server layer), ETL, architecting solutions using MySQL, etc.
- Most important skills: 1) MySQL 2) SQL Server 3) UNIX/Linux 4) programming skills (a plus) 5) part of Agile development team (a plus) 6) familiarity w/Java, Ruby, XML (a plus)
- Overall we’re looking for someone with a mature skill set who can contribute to the team/operation with very little guidance and who has a willingness to identify, understand and resolve problems