St Louis, MO
Must possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance OR MUST BE ABLE TO BE GRANTED AN INTERIM SECRET.
Follow policies and procedures as described in corporate manuals and directives
- Will provide courteous customer service to the end-user community all times, either in person or over the phone.
- Candidate shall serve as Telephone Control Officer (TCO) Liaison Officer. Serve as LNO regarding base telephone services, PIN database management for long distance service, phone book updates, circuit documentation, user support for service and devices, and Red Phone Support.
- The candidate shall set up, operate and maintain network infrastructure and telecommunications services (i.e. cabling, installation, and programming) to support Scott AFB daily operations. These services may include but not be limited to PBXs, telephone service, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) systems, basic OSSGATE and Servord, voice mail systems, mobile communications, fiber optic and copper cables inside building wiring, satellite, and other associated telephonic systems.
- The candidate shall prepare waiver letters and priority letters as necessary with an associated TCO request.
- The candidate shall track and monitor open trouble tickets and work orders.
- Follow policies and procedures as described in corporate manuals and directives.
- Attend work each day during scheduled work hours unless on approved time off.
- Perform occasional travel to customer sites, as required
- Work flexible hours, including occasional overtime.
REQUIREMENTS (resume MUST reflect required experience and knowledge)
- Comp TIA Security+ certification within 3 weeks of starting
- Secret clearance or able to be cleared
- Bachelor of Science Arts, 5 years of related work experience within IT project management.
- If no degree, 8 years of specific experience in performing the Telecommunications-Integration support duties
- General knowledge of computer switching and routing principles to include VCP, VLAN, DHCP, and patch panel cross-connection techniques
- Experience with Nortel Servord a MUST
- Provisioning CS-2100 or DMS-100
- Experience provisioning of a Nortel VoIP set, OSSGATE or other related technology
- Knowledge of telephone technician tools (eg. Butt set, punch tool, toner, probe)
- Knowledge of cabling, connection methods and wiring standards (eg. CAT 5/6 cable, RJ-11, patch panels, 66 blocks)
- Understanding of Main Distribution Frame (MDF)
- Knowledge of DMS-100 proprietary telephone service (eg. User features, Line Equipment Number (LEN))
- Understanding of voice mail services (eg. Provisioning and setup)
- Occasional travel within CONUS is required.
- Work is performed indoors with some potential risks to safety and health hazards related to electronics.
- Must be able to transport self to various facility sites, as required. If using own motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
To Apply click on link: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA5/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=RTGX&cws=1&rid=1575