Food Service Supervisor (closed)
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12 – Chartwells School Dining, as well as and colleges and universities - Chartwells College and University Dining. Chartwells is committed to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Food Service Supervisor
Location: Porcupine, ON (Northern College)
- Coordinate and Supervise staff activities at the food service unit located at Northern College campus. Must be able to work weekends, mornings and evenings.
- Assist in the production of baked goods, sandwiches, salads, main entrées, desserts and short order meals
- Maintain excellent client and customer relations
- Maintain, promote and maximize unit sales levels and profitability
- Complete required administrative paper work
- Oversee a team of 3 to 5 food service workers
- Train staff regarding duties, sanitation and safety procedures
- General equipment and facility cleaning
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office.
Required Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Great attitude!
- Must have at least 3+year work experience in food service as a supervisor
- Must be able to clear a criminal records check
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)=
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Eager to learn new things and take on new challenges
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- WHMIS certificate
To apply click, http://bit.ly/JH6t9Q
For other great opportunities with Compass Canada, visit careers.compass-canada.com.
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!
Look for us on Facebook and LinkedIn! Follow us on http://twitter.com/CompassCANJobs
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.