Service Management Engineer III (closed)
Looking to be a key team member for a global application cloud provider? Want to continue to work with core web technologies and manage key services for millions of end users? Do you know what is important to deliver a fast end user experience? This position allows you to work closely with all major web technologies and backend systems. You will work closely with systems teams, DBAs/Storage, Network and Development to deliver a service that is globally available and always on.
In order to be considered for this position, please apply directly through our system - http://bit.ly/SM_engineerIII
- Manage team responsible for system maintenance, configuration management day to day service request activities in Production Support for all applications hosted by Concur.
- Monitor and measure systems for performance, availability and reliability.
- Participate in cross functional teams to leverage new technologies and further improve existing systems.
- Participate in the implementation of new offerings and architectural components.
- Participate Incident Management & Resolution
- Troubleshoot issues to perform root cause analysis
- Participate Problem Management and Resolution
- Participate in Capacity Planning
- Implement, track and report on projects as they relate to the production environment.
- Generate automation scripts to improve the analysis, issue resolution and prevention to reduce time and labor force to manage the Concur services
- Perform training, design and knowledge transfer sessions
- Interact with a variety of Concur and client resources to identify solutions.
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies
- Participate in the interview process.
- As assigned, lead a group of people to accomplish a goal.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to manage the identification and resolution of vendor products.
- Requires little supervision to complete day to day activities.
Education, Experience & Training required:
- BS in CIS preferred.
- 4+ years of application support and/or release management
- Ability to pass a background check
- Scripting level language and development skills
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Application setup and deployment
- Strong Linux background
- PHP, Tomcat
- My SQL and SQL Server experience a plus
- Experience with troubleshooting, configuration and issue resolution
- Application analysis
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with reading and writing T-SQL.
- Basic networking troubleshooting skills (ping, tracert, gateway)
- Basic understanding of batch processing and data flow.
- Basic understanding of IIS and Tomcat.
- Basic understanding of ITIL
- Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
- Hires, develops & rewards great people
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
- Displays a relentless commitment to win
- Displays personal & corporate integrity