Microsoft Unified Communications Engineer (Pre-Sales) (closed)
Microsoft Unified Communications Engineer (Pre-Sales)
The Microsoft UC Program Executive will focus on pre sales consulting, solution design and implementation of Microsoft Unified Communication applications - including Microsoft Lync, Exchange and SharePoint interfacing with legacy PBX’s (Avaya/Nortel, Cisco, Siemens) and in stand-alone environment.
The UC Engineer will work with our national sales force to provide best of breed Unified Communications integration solutions to our customers. Successful candidates must have experience delivering consulting engagements, working with distributed sales and delivery teams and a command of the voice technologies and other components that make up the core Microsoft Unified Communications product family.
The candidate must have deep technical knowledge and also possess the communication skills and organizational agility to guide customers through complex UC integration projects. Where necessary, the candidate must also be able to perform the hands-on technical content development or solution design work on his/her own.
This is a customer-facing consulting position with approximately 30-50% travel required, with the other time spent in a virtual office environment.
Key deliverables and associated activities include:
• Work with customers to align technology to their business opportunities and needs in context of their communications platform strategy
• Identify solution system interfaces, constraints, scope, cost, risks and value
• Document business, information, application and technology aspects of approach
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
• Microsoft Lync and OCS, Exchange, Active Directory and SharePoint/CEBP
• VoIP/telephony expertise including knowledge of legacy solutions (ie. Cisco, Avaya/Nortel), working knowledge of PBX integration scenarios w MS Lync.
• Experience with Voice and Data Platforms (TDM PBX & IP-PBX, Video MCU) Voice and Data Networks (PSTN, Wireless, IP) , UC & C Applications (Voice Call Control, Audio/Video/ Web Conferencing, IM/Presence, CDR, E-911, Voice/Fax and Unified Messaging), Contact Centers (ACD, IVR, CRM), Application Integration Services ( TAPI, TSAPI, JTAPI, CSTA). Knowledge of SS7, GRR303, H.320, H.323 and SIP protocols. Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, switches, routers and firewalls, network bandwidth management.
Education and experience:
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
• A Microsoft MCSE certification, Lync or OCS R2 certification is highly desirable
• Other technical certifications (i.e. CCNA, Avaya ACE, etc.)
• At least 7 years or related technology experience
• Work experience must include technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, development, deployment, and management.