Oracle (DW/BI) Project Manager - PMP (closed)
Odyssey IS is currently working with a North Dallas firm to find an experienced PMP Certified Project Manager to come on board. This candidate needs to have experience managing enterprise Oracle implementation projects within the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence space. This will begin as a three month contract, but is up for extension long term after initial trial period. This role is immediately avaialble so please review below and send a WORD resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested/qualified. **Cannot work with third parties or provide sponsorship on this role**
- Management of Data Warehouse projects which includes development of project work plans, budgets, resource estimates, timelines and weekly status reports.
- Work closely with business and IT stakeholders to gather and document functional and non-functional requirements
- Direct and manage the day-to-day activities of project members
- Prepares project plans, toll gate documentation and reports.
- Closely reviews and interprets all plans, specifications and schedules for each project's scope of work in conjunction with the resources assigned from the business.
- Monitors progress of each project at every phase of the process, using best practice methodologies possible to avoid delays and costs overruns.
- Works closely with customers and developers to manage issues, scheduling, etc., as they arise.
- Supports, leads and assists internal customers with requirements definition, project definition, and project planning.
- Prepares and submits proper close-out documentation to stakeholders.
- Investigate, analyze and recommend cost effective solutions to business issues.
- Act as a liaison between business community and development team, fostering a partnership relationship with the business community and effectively managing customer expectations.
- Lead/ facilitate requirements sessions with key users and other IT staff.
- Ensure a smooth transition from the Project Management Team to Business Support during implementation.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks.
- Work with a diverse group including business users, developers, etc.
- Establish, follow and enforce documentation standards.
- Proactive personality with a proven track record of delivering on responsibilities and tasks.
- Drive delivery of quality solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS or related field required.
- Min of 5 years experience in managing large scale (Multi-terabyte) Business Intelligence projects.
- PMP Certification highly desired
- Project Management skills necessary to prioritize and manage day to day activities and deliverables of team
- Experienced in Data Warehouse Implementation methodologies.