SAS BI Report Developer/Tester (closed)
Allied Consultants, Inc. is an Austin-based firm which has for 20 years been a premier provider of technical and business professionals to clients in Texas. We are currently seeking an experienced SAS BI Report Developer/Tester to be a key resource on a technical services team.
This position is responsible for developing and testing web reports using SAS BI business intelligence tools, which may involve manipulation and analysis of large SAS datasets or data stored in a DB2 data warehouse. Developer will primarily do data development, for reports using SAS OLAP Cube Studio 4.2, to create SAS cubes and data sets from data in DB2 data warehouse. Contractor will translate requirement specifications to design and create reports in an iterative development environment. Worker may be responsible for developing, testing, and integrating SAS reports into a custom .net web application. Developer may be required to create technical documentation of development work. Responsibilities will include quality assurance testing and data analysis using SQL and SAS, extracting data from DB2 data warehouse tables using SQL or SAS PROC SQL. Contractor may work under minimal supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Must be proficient in SAS BI tools; must be experienced creating reports in SAS Enterprise Guide v4.2/4.3 involving stored processes; and must be experienced in writing complex SQL with strong background in creating and debugging macros.
- 8 Years - Demonstrated experience translating business needs/requirements into reporting solutions and experience in the analysis of data for creation of and maintenance of reports.
- 3 Years - Mandatory experience using SAS Enterprise Guide 4.2/4.3, SAS Web Report Studio and SAS Information Delivery Portal for report development and delivery.
Experience must include but is not limited to:
- At least one year experience creating parameter driven reports in SAS Enterprise Guide using templates, process flows, stored processes, and multiple data sources.
- At least one year experience creating parameter driven reports in SAS Web Report Studio.
- Integrating parameter driven reports created using either SAS Enterprise or SAS Web Report Studio into a custom .net web application.
- Publishing reports using the SAS Information Delivery Portal and enabling unchallenged access.
- 3 Years - Experience with manipulation and QA of data and in testing web reports.
- 2 Years - Mandatory experience writing complex queries and macros using PROC SQL.
- 1 Years - Experience building cubes using SAS OLAP Cube Studio 4.2.
- 5 Years - Experience in data analysis, data warehousing, report development, coding in SAS and SQL.
- 1-3 Years - Familiarity with educational data.
- SAS Certified Base SAS and/or Advanced SAS
Allied Consultants offers its family of consultants excellent rates, a local support staff, and an attractive benefits package which includes medical insurance (employee premiums paid 100%), life insurance, a matching 401(k) plan and a cafeteria plan.
Candidates selected for interview may be required to undergo criminal background checks and a drugs screen in accordance with Federal and State Law. Offers of Employment are contingent on a successful background check
Allied Consultants is an equal opportunities employer.