Remedy Developer ( ITIL ITSM BMC ) (closed)
We are currently on the lookout for strong Remedy Developers (visa: US citizen only) in Dallas TX to help support one of our elite Fortune 500 clients, and we currently have job openings that may interest you. Below is a summary of an exciting opportunity —it might be a perfect fit for you!
a) General Description:
The Remedy Developer provides daily operational support of the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite and installed Application Modules. This position also performs custom programming and troubleshooting as required.
b) Typical Duties:
- Participates as a member of and leads development teams.
- Designs units for others.
- Completes development to implement complex components.
- Designs solutions for others to develop.
- Participates in cross-functional teams.
- Leads design activities
- May provide mentoring and guidance to developers.
- Designs, prepares and executes unit tests. Represents team to clients.
- Demonstrates technical leadership, and exerts influence outside of immediate team.
- Develops innovative team solutions to complex problems.
- Contributes to strategic direction for teams.
- Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas (e.g. Web-site Development).
- Applies HP and 3rd party technologies to complex software solutions of moderate complexity.
- Independently implements end-user or enterprise solutions of significant complexity.
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for clients.
- Consults with team members and other organizations, clients and vendors on complex issues.
- Assigns work to others.
- Technical leadership of assigned project.
- Provide time / resource estimates for assigned projects.
- May develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
c) Required Skills and/or Product Knowledge:
· Develop and maintain BMC Remedy code and functionality.
· Experience with Remedy v7, v7.5, CMDB, Atrium are a must.
· Working directly with customer to define requirements and set technical vision and strategy.
- 8 or more years experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) COBOL, PL/1, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net. Advanced ability to work with Web-development tools for new applications.
- Advanced understanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle.
- Advanced understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO).
- Experience on multiple full release project life cycles. Advanced understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management).
- Advanced understanding of testing tools and unit test and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
- Advanced experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio) and development of tool add-ins. Strong understanding of basic Database Administration.
- Able to define quality and security standards.
- General project management/team leader skills. Ability to work effectively in a globally dispersed team and with clients and vendors.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work effectively in a team, and with clients
d) The following skills and experience are preferred:
- IBI Webfocus and other enterprise reporting tool experience, will be a plus.
· Prefer experience in an ITIL environment.
e) Travel requirements: Travel requirements to client locations are estimated at __0___%.
General requirements include extensive use of Microsoft Word; along with potential use of Excel, Access, and/or PowerPoint if applicable. Superior verbal and written communication; attention to detail; and strong organizational skills.
Experience in an ITIL environment is preferred.