Director of Finance - Higher Education (closed)
$120,000 + Bonus compensation
Must have grant management and accounting experience which typically comes with non-profit experience.
- Oversee the preparation and completion of monthly reconciliations (including all balance sheet accounts), general ledger close and financial reporting
- Manage the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll process.
- Monitor accounting policies and practices; review, monitor and maintain high standards for internal controls within the Finance Office.
- Manage long-term investments, spending rule calculation and all endowment reporting.
- Administer the budgeting and financial reporting for all grants and contracts; ensure that expenses and spending are being tracked and that required reporting deadlines are met.
- Significant involvement with program officers and related staff regarding budgeting and spending of grant resources.
- Work with Development staff to accurately plan, account for and track giving. Coordinate and lead the annual audit process. Manage the relationship with auditors and ensure that recommendations from auditors are assessed and implemented in a timely manner.
- Oversee and lead the annual budgeting and projection process; monitor progress and changes and keep management abreast of the Academy?s financial status.
- Compile financial data and reports for different committees including Budget, Investment and Audit.
- Analyze all contracts and spending; develop a consistent process for the bidding and selection of vendors to obtain potential savings without sacrificing service.
- Supervise the accounting manager.
- Financial review of for profit subsidiary including management of inventory and operating expenses.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in accounting or management required. CPA desirable.
- Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible financial and accounting experience
- Strong technical background, solid knowledge of accounting and financial principles in a non-profit and/or higher education setting
- Grant management experience required
- MIP and expert level Excel spreadsheet required
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and management team
- Experience overseeing information technology