Project manager (closed)
We have an immediate opening for Project manager
Duration: 6 Months
Tax Terms: w2
Req ID: VZTJP00026889
No. of Position: 1
Location: Colorado springs, CO
Rate Ranges between $40/hr on w2 - $45/hr on w2.
Skills and Qualifications
Manages Program to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives and also focuses on collecting, analyzing, organizing, and presenting key data associated with the program.
Plans and develops methods and procedures for implementing program, directs and coordinates program activities, and exercises control over personnel responsible for specific functions or phases of program. Confers with staff to explain program and individual responsibilities for functions and phases of program. Directs and coordinates personally, or through subordinate managerial personnel, activities concerned with implementation and carrying out objectives of program. Reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objective and modifies or changes methodology as required to redirect activities and attain objectives. Prepares program reports for superiors. Controls expenditures in accordance with budget allocations.
Perform data compiling, mining, and analysis required to evaluate the data related to the program. Gather the data from various sources, compile it together in the prescribed format, and enter it in the appropriate analysis software. Determine and communicate the methodologies and procedures for performing data analysis. Prepare reports related to the analysis and present to various levels of management. Maintain the collected data updating as necessary.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED:
Junior Program Managers (PMs) with proven experience with Verizon Business and the process of establishing a governance model and PMO roadmap and strong knowledge of data analysis. Experience with effective executive communications within IT and with business and other stakeholders. Experience with VZ business case process and business case structure. Extensive knowledge of relevant Verizon organizations (IT, Enterprise Customers, Finance) to be leveraged in this work effort. Familiarity with IT development organizations and key individuals. Demonstrated ability to work across Verizon organizations to gain consensus and alignment and to resolve differences. Existing relationships with other IT organizations to quickly leverage existing processes from other organizations and adapt to these efforts. Extensive familiarity with Verizon tools, systems, organizations, and processes.
• Previous Telecom experience required.
• 5+ years as IT Project Manager - preferably with large scale implementations or Application Consolidation/Modernization
• Has strong knowledge of project lifecycle
• Strong Data Analysis skills
• Experience with MS Project and the MS Office suite of products – advanced Excel skills required
• Must be a good team player
• Detailed oriented, resourceful, motivated and creative
• Flexible, organized and able to handle competing priorities
• Sound, logic based decision making
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Work collaboratively and cross-functionally as part of a team as well as an independently
• Work proactively and reactively
• Recognize areas of opportunity and make recommendations for improvement
• Assess conflicting priorities and prioritize appropriately
• Communicate at all levels of the organization including IT and customer senior management
• Identify issues to leads and/or management and provide possible solutions
• Provide timely and accurate status on job assignments
• Bachelor’s Degree at a minimum, preferably a relevant Master’s Degree or MBA
Are you legally able to work for TAJ in the U.S. on an ongoing basis?
Hourly Rates/ annual salary:
Availability status/ Intended start date:
If this project does not match your exact skills perhaps you know of someone with the necessary experience and availability. If so, please feel free to forward this email at your discretion.
Given the opportunity, I would be delighted to work with you. TAJ Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TAJ Technologies Inc,
1168, Northland Dr
Mendota Heights, MN-55120
651-925-1973 Ext 161
Visit us @ www.tajtech.com