GUI Design Lead (closed)
Palace Gate Corporation has a client currently looking for a GUI Design Lead in for a great opportunity located in Downtown Chicago. Our client is in the banking industry. This is a permanent position.
This position reports to the Director of the group.
The back office technology team is looking to recruit a senior GUI designer who will take the lead in gathering user requirements, understanding the business processes and data needs and delivering a number of User Interface design options for review. The selected candidate will lead that design review process and once a design has been selected the GUI designer will work to provide technical requirements to the development team. The role will also require liaison with the system QA team on test planning and use case build.
Education and Training:
· Academic qualification in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or related field
· Experience in the techniques of user interface requirements gathering for user centered design ? interview, observation, survey
· Strong diplomatic and negotiating skills to hone requirements to a common set across multiple user groups coming from different business areas and manage relationships with a complex stakeholder group
· Database/technical knowledge sufficient to ensure that the end design is practical from the perspective of performance, maintenance, and other non functional requirements
· Proven ability to quickly learn new processes and systems
· Strong documentation skills to clearly communicate ideas to users, stakeholders development teams and testing teams
· Ability to transform design to a clear set of requirements for build ? using an appropriate selection of system mock ups, interface specifications, visual designs, system maps
· Calm presence working in a time pressured and fast paced environment
· Proven track record of delivery working on new applications or re-engineering of user interfaces on existing applications
· Creative approach to problem solving to bring a fresh approach to banking UI design
· Experience of working within an Agile development environment
· Use of mock ups and paper prototypes for user driven design led approach
· Experience in running requirements gathering workshops
· Previous projects involving large data sets, and exception driven processing
· Experience in testing usability and learnability of prototypes with users
Palace Gate Corporation is an information technology consulting and full-time placement firm that is committed to the success of our clients and our talented placements alike. Palace Gate is consistent in matching the right people with right opportunity. Our company approach is simple: understand our clients? requirements, business needs and cultures in order to quickly identify the best resources to meet those needs and achieve business success.
For more information or to view all our open jobs, please visit www.PalaceGate.us.