Wireless Network Engineer (closed)
Our Client is upgrading wireless networks at numerous locations on a national basis. The Data Network Services team is looking for a team member to provide support for the project. This team member will work primarily out of the Louisville, KY Data Center, and provide remote support for installation teams. There will be some travel required (approximately 20%) to survey and verify wireless coverage at the facilities.
- · Configure and support Wireless LAN Controllers and Access Points.
- · Setup sites in Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS).
- · Utilize Cisco WCS and Mobility Services Engine (MSE) to troubleshoot wireless issues.
- · Measure and diagnose network performance issues using tools such as Orion Network Performance Monitor, Network Configuration manager, and Fluke Netflow Tracker.
- · Coordinate with vendors to provision network bandwidth upgrades of MPLS circuits.
- · Coordinate with vendors to install DSL backup circuits and configure site-to-site VPNs.
- · Must have excellent customer service and communications skills.
- · Experience using Airmagnet or similar wireless survey software.
- · Experience configuring Cisco routers, switches, and access points.
- · Experience supporting DSL and site to site VPNs.
- · Ability to create and manage technical documentation.
- · Ability to create and managing to project schedules