Sr. Linux Engineer (closed)
Project: closely working with and leading the activities of the principal engineers, developers, and software testers for new application deployment and sustained engineering of existing applications. They will participate and be responsible for implementation and support of development systems, QA systems, and production systems at the client’s data centers. The person will help assist in the operational activities as well as integrating the knowledge of the business intuitive. This person will be a key contributor in a very transactional environment.
- Experience in configuration and administration of Redhat Enterprise in large-scale, mission-critical environments preferred
- Provide support for common administrative tasks.
- Develops solutions for difficult-to-complex systems engineering
problems, often without sufficient documentation readily available and in a timely manner
- Creates systems engineering documentation to be used by others to build and maintain systems.
- Performs backups, recoveries, and restores
- Expertise in virtualization architectures, virtual storage concepts, and clustering models for a high-availability environment.
1) Linux Red Hat administration/engineer experience
2) Complex clustered environment experience
3) Virtualization experience
4) Storage backup knowledge
5) Excellent written and verbal communication
6) Ability to be a team lead (senior level, but not Principal level)
Start Date: May 14th
Duration / Extension: 3 months
Location: Philadelphia, PA