Web Application Development Manager (closed)
Job Description / Responsibilities:
• Highly Successful Technical Team Lead
• Application development smart
• Ability to inspire and direct a team of Web Developers
• Thrive in creative and energetic environment
• Time split between management and development
• Architect solutions for scale, complexity, security and fault tolerance in a Windows Based environment.
• Manage a team of software developers responsible for developing software that meet established standards.
• Mentor projects through their full life cycle
• Contribute to setting policies and standards for interactive development team
• Enforce and improve coding standards through solution and code reviews
• Anticipate, identify, and articulate problem areas and work with others to devise solutions
• Facilitate software product development with multi-disciplinary teams
• Train and guide other developers
• On the development side, work with a high degree of independence on projects, contributing to both design and implementation.
• Experience managing and/or mentoring application developers formally or informally
• Minimum of 7 years of application development work experience, with significant Web
• Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical internal clients
• Experience working as part of a software development team
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience writing shared and reusable components of code
• Experience designing and tuning applications that can scale
• Practical familiarity with standard Web protocols
• Experience working in a .NET environment
• Experience with C# and C++
• Strong working knowledge of RDBMS, SQL and database optimization concepts
• Use of source control
• B.S./B.A. in Computer Science or equivalent.
• M.S. in Computer Science
• Formal software development methodology
• Experience with package products such as Clinical Care, Health Exchange, Scheduling and Portal Products