Pre-Sales Data Storage Engineer (closed)
A start-up storage manufactureris looking in NJ/NY for a Pre-Sales Storage Systems Engineer to partner with their Account Executive(s) to expand an enterprise account base. Deep storage expertise and extensive field experience is required, including:
- 7+ years experience with EMC, Hitachi, HP, Veritas, Brocade, NetApp, and/or equivalent.
- Expertise in customized storage solutions such as system installation, data migration and application storage provisioning and backup and recovery procedures. (50% Installs)
- Expertise in troubleshooting and interfacing with storage systems, both NAS and SAN.
- Experience in storage filer applications such as NAS (CIFS, NFS), back-up applications (Legato/Veritas), data migration and Virtualization i.e., VMware, Citrix and HyperV.
- Experience in UNIX, Linux or Windows Hands-on networking experience and troubleshooting with Fibre Channel and Ethernet/iSCSI technologies.
- Familiarity with SNMP and management frameworks such as HP OpenView and Tivoli a plus.