Junior Accountant (closed)
Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com) has been engaged to conduct a search for a new Junior Accountant for our client a prestigious nonprofit organization in San Francisco, CA.
This role provides a candidate with solid entry- to mid-level general accounting experience an opportunity to seek out and meet challenges in a supportive nonprofit environment. This excellent opportunity has the potential to move to direct hire for a well-fit candidate.
The Junior Accountant works under the supervision of the Associate Director and assist with the daily needs of ther agency?s operations.
The Junior Accountant is responsible for the following, as well as other duties as assigned:
- Asset management assistance, such as property management, compliance reporting, fixed assets, depreciation, tenant certifications and leasing, rent roll, and work orders
- Audit assistance, inclusive of 990 filing process
- Benefit accrual, healthcare spending, and insurance tracking
- Income statements, balance sheets, and variance reports
- 2 ? 3 years? accounting experience in both general accounting and payroll
- Bachelor?s degree
- ADP experience with payroll, time and tracking strongly desired
- Skill in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel
- Skill in Access strongly desired
- Seeks challenges and opportunity for growth
- High motivation to succeed
In the temporary period, the candidate will be compensated commensurate upon experience, likely in the $18-$21/hour range. If proven to be the right fit, this role has the possibility of moving to direct hire in the $45-50K range, with benefits.
About our search firm:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing specializes in providing executive search services and interim temporary staffing support exclusively for the nonprofit sector. Founded by nonprofit staffing experts and human resources professionals we understand how to effectively recruit for nonprofit organizations, foundations, and educational institutions. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com, or in the 2010/2011 Business Times list of top staffing firms.