Operations Manager, mCloud (closed)
Mainland Information Systems Ltd. is a privately held company that has been providing quality Enterprise and Corporate Information Technology solutions to the Western Canadian marketplace since 1990. Our head office is located in Calgary, Alberta with branch offices in Edmonton, Alberta and Vancouver, British Columbia.
We are currently seeking an Operations Manager to focus on our cloud computing solution, mCloud. The Operations Manager (OM) is responsible for providing industry leading services to Mainland’s customers specific to “mCloud”. As the customer’s primary point of contact with Mainland, the OM role is pivotal in delivering quality services and ensuring that the customer’s expectations are met or exceeded. Internally the OM is responsible for managing the relationship with all other internal organizations associated with the delivery of mCloud services.
The Operations Manager has complete ownership of the relationship between Mainland and their portfolio of customers. The successful candidate is expected to continually develop and strengthen the relationships to create long-term partnerships through pro-active and personable interactions.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing all phases of the Mainland methodology for mCloud - Assess, Architect, Design, Implement and Manage
- Managing requests and project work by coordinating Mainland staff, contractors, vendors, as well as on occasion customer deliverables, to deliver a given service within agreed timescales and on budget.
- Creating material necessary for RFP proposals, contracts and agreements in conjunction with others, such as Practice Leads.
- Approving agreements and proposals. Negotiating contracts when required; including new business, extensions, and renewals.
- Leading and managing the on-boarding of new clients.
- Providing guidance for long term growth of the mCloud Practice – including leadership, sales, operations, vendor relations, architecture and technical aspects.
- Building strong partnership / relationship with customers.
- Collaborating with various business units/ departments throughout the company:
- Working with the CFO to determine accurate financial metrics to use for mCloud regarding costs, revenues, utilization and budget
- Developing strong reporting and tracking procedures for mCloud – including billing, tracking and invoicing
- Project Management Office:
- Engaging and collaborating with the PMO for effective and efficient use of technical resources
- Identifying opportunities for growth and assisting with developing and expanding the market base.
- Providing recommendations to the Senior Management team for and execution of improvements including process, business model, offerings, pricing models, key performance indicators (e.g. measurements and metrics to monitor success).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with great attention to detail.
- Excellent networking skills, ability to navigate organizations and build strong relationships with our clients and vendors.
- Strong organizational, negotiation, time management and prioritization skills.
- A creative and positive approach to situations and problem solving.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as an IT Manager or Senior IT leadership.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the IT industry with a good understanding of data center / enterprise technologies.
- A strong level of business awareness and commercial acumen.
- Understanding and knowledge of Project Management.
- Understanding of IT industry working practices / methodologies – ITIL foundation certification desirable but not essential.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, Mainland offers highly competitive compensation, promotes the professional development of team members and supports work life balance.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, introduce yourself by submitting your application today! www.mainland.ca/careers