Software Engineer (College Grad with a GPA of 3.5 or higher)
A leading HIM software company based in Oak Brook, IL has a contract to hire opening for a Software Engineer due to growth.
The selected individual will work on a team of 4 Software Engineers, reporting directly to an intelligent, lead by example, Software Architect with a professional, pleasant personality. The company has an exceptional team oriented environment with an amazingly stable team. The tenure of this company is outstanding. Comfortable office environment with a pleasant group of people.
We are seeking a Software Engineer with:
- Computer Science Degree Degree with a GPA or 3.5 or higher
- Desire to work as a Software Engineer developing and enhancing industry changing software utilizing a variety of technologies and tools.
- Design Patterns Experience
- Java Experience
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Personality to work within a creative, team oriented environment.
- Enthusiastic about technology
The selected individual will work on multiple projects including designing and writing sophisticated graphics software for an industry changing web application project as well as enhancing existing software.
Image Processing and mathematical concepts knowledge required. Responsibilities include creating new software features as well as debugging software issues. The selected Software Engineer will be able to write software in an object-oriented paradigm, work in collaboration with other Software Engineers and Technical Support staff to gather requirements from users, design solutions that meet requirements, and write source code to provide the requested improvements.
Description of the System
The company’s system is considered to be the best-in-class digital diagnostic and surgical planning solution and is utilized by doctors and medical practices nationwide. Software is currently run on Windows, Mac, iPhone, and iPad. The client-server architecture creates a robust, scalable, distributed system for storage, search, and retrieval of terabyte-sized medical image data sets, resulting in distributed access to MRI, CT, X-ray, etc, providing image manipulation, image processing, and pre-operative surgical planning. Current initiatives include design and development of a Cloud based solution.
- Develop software to provide new features and enhancements
- Perform maintenance of the source code as required
- Participate in requirements gathering, analysis, design, implementation, and testing phases of the software development process
- Debug issues that arise from customer feedback
- Effectively work with multidisciplinary personnel to achieve project goals
- B.S. in Computer Science, (or related field) with a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- 0-2 Years Software development experience in a Corporate Environment
- Strong Java knowledge
- Strong Design Patterns knowledge/experience
- Experience with client-server architectures and common trade-offs
- Experience with Google Web Toolkit or related libraries such as Ext GWT or Smart GWT
- Strong mathematics background
- Demonstrated ability to find solutions to complex technical problems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative, team environment
Technical Environment Overview
- Java, SQL, Linux, HTML 5, C, C++, Lamp, Apache, PHP, mySQL, Websphere, etc.