SAN Administrator (closed)
Position Code, Title and Location: 5981 – SAN Administrator – Miami, FL
Start Date: ASAP
Est. Duration of 1st. stage: 8 months with possible extension
Remote or Onsite: On location at the Client’s site 100% of the time. No telecommuting or remote work.
Additional Information: Health Care and Benefits Available
Description: Our Client, a leading hospitality company, is looking for Network Engineer in South Florida Area
· Responsible for administration, management of IBM SAN Volume Controller (SVC), IBM DS8800, V7000 ;
· Manage XIV series storage, as well as Brocade SAN and IBM SVC, V7000, DS-3000, Netapp and HP P2000 series storage.
- Experience as a Storage Admin 4-7 years;
- Good knowledge of IBM DS8000, XIV series storage, as well as Brocade SAN and IBM SVC, V7000, DS-3000, Netapp and HP P2000 series storage;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with storage, and SAN issues;
- Experience & good fundamental understanding of IBM Virtualization Hierarchy (Knowledge about arrays, Ranks, Extent pools, logical volumes)
- Experience with storage management tools like SAN Volume Controller, GUI+CLI, IBM storage manager, DSCLI, TPC ( Tivoli storage productivity Center),Replications, SVC Cluster
- CIFS, NFS, AD integration and support, snap mirror, snap vault (preferred)
- Experience in administration, management of Brocade switches through both Web tools and Command Line Interface (CLI) as well as DCFM (preferred)
- Understanding of NFS shares, on Linux as well as AIX servers (preferred)
- Understanding VMware and PowerVM/NPIB storage deployment (preferred)
- US Citizens and Permanent Residents only.