Sr. ITSM Consultant - Remedy (closed)
BMC Professional Services is looking to fill the position of Senior Consultant with a specialty in the IT Service Management (ITSM) discipline. BMC Software sets the standard and is the market leader in ITSM software solution, and BMC Professional Services is a strategic BMC business unit that is looking to hire top consultants to help our customers solve their ITSM issues and achieve maximum value from BMC solution.
This is a senior level consulting role that will provide technical advisory and implementation services on BMC Software’s ITSM enterprise level software solutions for our customers. A Sr. Consultant builds positive and strong customer relationships and uses best practices and experience working with IT organizations to lead and advise our customers toward a total solution implementation that solves their critical IT Services management issues. This includes solution architecture design; technology-process link best practice consultation; tool installations, integrations, application tailoring; and guidance toward organizational readiness and best practice alignment. The Sr. Consultant must be able to multi task in a fast-paced environment since they will be working on multiple projects simultaneously.
The Senior Consultant is responsible for leading the technical aspects of consulting projects including:
• Responsible for leading and/or participating in project teams comprised of BMC, partner, and customer resources at client sites to deliver required outcomes and produce additional business with BMC clients.
• Applies technology to improve the IT operational effectiveness or efficiency for BMC customers.
• Advises BMC customers on best practices to implement BMC ITSM solutions.
• Installs, configures and tailors BMC ITSM products to meet BMC customer requirements.
• Integrates BMC products to other BMC products and third-party applications.
• Works with BMC customers to test solutions and transition solution from project team to customer operational team
• Improves the quality and efficiency of the solutions delivered to BMC clients as a means to improve BMC methodologies and consulting business margins.
• Accountable to client for achieving specific outcomes by delivering services as directed by the project manager and technical lead.
• Takes direction and works independently in achieving stated objectives.
• Provide input and feedback to BMC Consulting Practice Development and R&D teams.
Position Specific Competencies/Skills Required:
• Professional consulting experience preferred
• Strong communication, presentation, and client relationship building skills
• Ability to lead BMC Remedy ITSM customer workshops confidently and consult customer on making decisions according to BMC best practices using experiences from working with other customers
• Ability to translate functional/process requirements and into a technical design deliverable
• Strong understanding of the functionality of BMC Remedy ITSM with the ability to demonstrate the product and how it supports best practice processes
• Experience implementing BMC Remedy ITSM Suite, SRM, and Atrium CMDB with customers of varying sizes and industries in a technical role is desired
• Expert technical knowledge of BMC Remedy ITSM, CMDB, SRM, RKM including all configuration options is desired
• Strong technical and functional understanding of integrating BMC Remedy ITSM with other solutions using methods such as API’s and Web Services including:
o Authentication (LDAP and SAML)
o People Data (LDAP, Oracle HR, ect)
o Event Management
o Discovery Sources
• Understanding of security and connectivity architectures related to remote connectivity to an ITSM solution
• Knowledge of best practices and industry standards such as ITIL Service Delivery processes.
• Ability to advise on organizational change management best practices
• Understanding of BMC's competitors a plus.
• 5+ years experience relevant working experience
• BMC Remedy ITSM technical training and certification
• Professional consulting experience
• Experience implementing BMC solutions and ITIL certification a plus
• BA/BS in computer or engineering related field
• Ability and Willingness to travel 75%.
Location of Position:
• Home office based as majority of work is at customer locations (or via remote connectivity)
BMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer