Senior Software Engineer (closed)
The senior software engineer must be fluent in interfacing with various systems. The ideal candidate must understand data structures, communications, fault tolerance and other tasks related to interfacing systems with one another. This person will be working with 3rd party vendors that TravelCLICK partners with, as well as internal users of the required middleware.
- Develops and creates unit tests against agreed upon specifications
- Analyzes current requirements and drives innovation and solutions
- Collaborates with external and internal consumers to drive deliverables
- Be involved in requirements gathering from Product teams to transform consumer requirements into functional design and implementation.
- Supports system testing and rollout of required functionality
- Collaborates with auxiliary teams such as Quality Assurance and Systems Engineering to deliver released software.
- Analyzes current and future functionalities of middleware components of the TravelCLICK architecture, which include several applications and services working in a distributed environment through messaging services(JMX and Fiorano) and web services APIs (SOAP and REST) in a predominantly JAVA environment.
- Work with database analysis and scripting for Oracle based middleware applications.
- Collaborates and supports teams involved in front end development and other integration products.
- Assists in resolving customer issues through careful through the process of issue evaluation, escalation and resolution.
- Contributes and delivers solutions to address customer needs and company initiatives.
- Employs test-driven development methodology by developing various forms of test suites and performance analyzers.
Experience and Qualifications
- 7+ years experience in core Java development
- Hands-on knowledge of databases and data structures
- Fluent in XML, DOM and other technologies used for data parsing and data validation
- Fluent in SQL
- Experience with travel industry and specifically with protocols such as OTA.
- Experience in API development and test driven development.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and ability to multi-task in a results oriented business environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to work in small as well as large project teams
- Ability to pick up and learn the language related to the travel industry
- Inquisitive and probing in dealing with business analysts and product managers
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or related field