Aerospace, Sales Engineer (closed)
At Greene, Tweed, you'll find the cutting-edge technology, world-class polymer expertise and endless advancement opportunities you'd expect from a multi-national industry leader. You'll find them all in an environment that embraces diversity in people and opinions, moves decision making to the point of impact, and celebrates your success.
If you enjoy continuous learning and are excited about working with and creating technological solutions, explore career opportunities with Greene, Tweed
We are currently searching for a Sales Engineer - Aerospace who will be responsible for developing, implementing and coordinating the activities of the Aerospace Business Group and consulting companies that work with end-users. They will develop and implement comprehensive strategies as required for selling GT Aerospace products with specific emphasis on DLF Composites and secondary emphasis on Sealing solutions to meet agreed sales targets for this market segment. The ideal candidate with provide technical interface between customer and company engineering, manufacturing and program management representatives. They will cultivate potential technical specifications, pricing considerations and contract requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively with field sales personnel to assess sales potential for projects, develop account plans and develop sales forecasts for the market segment.
- Develop comprehensive strategies as appropriate, implement those strategies and coordinate activities with Aerospace consulting companies that work with end-users in the target market.
- Issue quarterly reports analyzing market structure, competition, major issues and trends in the component manufacturers’ market segment.
- Coordinate with Technical Trainer the dissemination of information to the Aerospace Business Unit on selling to end-users, equipment repair facilities and equipment manufacturers after review by the Aerospace Sales Management.
- Coordinate activities with Sales Manager, Inside Sales, Applications Engineering, and other support personnel to effectively utilize group resources.
- Prospects for and identifies new customers and new product opportunities for company products in order to accomplish and maintain expected sales growth and marketing strength for assigned territory
- Researches customer technical specifications and requirements with current or potential technical specifications of company products. Investigates new applications or improvements to products with customers
- Creates, monitors and revises lead generation plans to generate a substantive sales opportunity pipeline. Produces revenue in line with the organization's and individual targets/quotas
- Perform liaison duties between customer and company in regard to specifications, drawing interpretations, production schedules, quality control demands, packaging requirements, etc
- Prepare reports on customer contacts, sales opportunities and accomplishments to keep management up-to-date on any pertinent information and activities within assigned accounts to report results and evaluate/set marketing and sales strategies and plans
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in Engineering
- At least 5 years of seasoned sales experience or equivalent Greene, Tweed experience
- Aerospace knowledge preferred
- Composite knowledge preferred
- Strong computer literacy, especially in MS Office is required
- Business Management/Training exposure is preferred
- Able to work well in a diverse multi-functional team environment
- Able to make decisions consistent with business vision
- Professional and assertive work style with excellent communication skills both verbal and oral
- Leadership skills a plus
- Able to work effectively in a matrix organization. Demonstrated collaborative skills to inspire others to assist in endeavors
- Up to 70% travel, primarily Domestic and Canada is required
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, 401K savings plan, paid time-off, tuition assistance and more, to meet the diverse needs of all employees and their family members.
To be considered for this position, please visit our career opportunities at https://gtweedcareers.silkroad.com/ and submit your resume to Tracking Code 20120069. Greene,Tweed is an equal opportunity employer.
NOTE: Greene, Tweed is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities, unless they have a written agreement for the position they are contacting us about. If they have an interest in doing business with us, they can forward a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at GT without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Greene, Tweed, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Greene, Tweed as a result of the referral or through other means.