Human Resources Manager (closed)
Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager reports to the CEO and is a member of the leadership team. Primary duties are leading, guiding, managing and supervising the human resource team members and overall functions of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire company. The major areas of responsibility are:
- ensuring compliance with Joint Commission standards;
- recruiting, staffing and employee orientation;
- credentialing of technologists and other company employees;
- performance management and improvement systems;
- organization development and training;
- employment and regulatory compliance;
- policy development and documentation;
- employee relations;
- company employee communications;
- compensation and benefits administration;
- administration of human resource programs;
- coordination of employee services.
The Human Resources Manager researches, suggests and implements Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, “Performance Enhancing Culture” that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity standards, goal attainment, and the reward systems to ensure performance alignment with the strategic plan. Through the efforts of the staff and self, conducts recruitment of and ongoing development of a superior workforce to meet the organizational growth and performance requirements.
The Human Resources Manager delivers services, policies, and programs and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues.
Strategic Human Resources
- Link business strategies to the people plans
- Workforce and leadership development, from empowering to succession
- Retention and recognition of key individuals
- Compensation, benefits total comp strategy
- Delivers salary surveys, linked to budget development
- Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulation
- Researches and Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention
- Manages employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use
- Implements a process of organization development that plans, communicates, and integrates the results of strategic planning throughout the organization.
- Performance development and management
- Application of technology to achieve strategic objectives
Tactical Human Resources
• Compliance: federal, state and regulatory – link to HR processes, workflows and documentation
• Leads company compliance with all existing governmental, labor, legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and any other applicable federal and state laws and regulations
- Ensure performance is monitored and measured on a regular basis
- Employee relations, investigations and discipline
- Reporting and resolution of employee issues (Point of Internal Contact)
- Morale and opportunities such as annual conferences and events
- Manage human resource staff and department functions
- Employee recognition and morale
- Deliver Human Resource programs in accordance with HR Calendar
Administrative Human Resources
- Staffing; ensuring a pipeline of qualified candidates to meet organizational demand
- New Hire Orientation
- Credentialing; establishing and monitoring electronic systems and tools to ensure company representatives have access to all contracted facilities
- Benefits delivery
- Regulatory compliance
- Workers compensation & Unemployment Insurance
- Supervises payroll, processing and oversight
- Monitoring all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment
- Support HRIS that delivers electronic, paperless processes and files
- Automate workflows to improve efficiency
The Human Resource Manager demonstrates the NextMed Values.
The Human Resource Manager keeps the CEO and the executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
The Human Resources Manager assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the CEO.
DEFINITION: Through the leadership, the organization achieves measurable results of business performance, annual growth rate, customer satisfaction and employee morale; with the observable behaviors which support excellent organization performance.
DEFINITION: Leadership is adept at clearly setting the example for generating employee, member and community confidence & buy-in to the mission and strategies of the organization. Demonstrates persuasive yet empathetic communications style, which results in positive influence on the stakeholders within and outside of the organization.
DEFINITION: Follows industry and company policies, accreditations, processes and guidelines to ensure transactions and other general business practices are handled with the utmost of personal responsibility.
DEVELOPING TEAM MEMBERS
DEFINITION: Actively partners with team members to train, coach and mentor by providing them with information, instruction, feedback and encouragement to maximize their success on the job and their growth within the company.
DEFINITION: Consistently displays the highest level of uncompromising personal integrity in all interactions; maintains adherence all accreditations; handles all interactions and decisions with the utmost degree of honesty and respect.
DEFINITION: Maintains laser focus on company and individual goals. Plans, organizes and prioritizes work that drives toward goal achievement. Sets high standards for personal performance. Demonstrates behaviors in support of the company values and strategic plan.
MOTIVATES TOP PERFORMANCE
DEFINITION: Sets a standard that will motivate people beyond what is minimally required to achieve external rewards, such as salary and bonuses. Motivates others by setting high standards, demonstrating their own passion for work, helping people see the importance of their work, and rewarding exceptional effort and results. Displays a strong sense of urgency to beat deadlines and is proactive about addressing conflict or performance problems so that people work well together. Creates a high-performance work culture where extra effort is expected and exceptional results are common.