Mobile Application Developer / Ipad / Iphone Developer (closed)
• At least 4 years of experience in writing software for major mobile platforms (iPhone, RIM, Symbian, Windows Mobile, Android, etc.).
• Some iPhone and/or Android development experience, preferably with applications in the app store.
• Strong sense of usability and passion for user interface.
• BSCS or MSCS.
• Experience with location-based services, GPS, etc. preferred.
• Experience with multiple mobile platforms preferred.
• Experience writing server-side code in a modern language (e.g. Python, Ruby), and interest in server-side development, strongly preferred
• Design and implement client code for location-based services on smart phones.
• Coordinate with server-side engineers to design efficient, flexible APIs.
Skills Which are expected
• Guru of all things mobile. You are the one everyone comes to for advice about Objective C or how to get the physics of the accelerometer right. You care about these devices, so you have written code for several platforms, even though you didn’t really have to.
• You know when data should be stored locally and how to do it. You also understand when a server is needed, and you can write that code too.
• You have written code for interacting with the analog world – GPS, accelerometer, voice analysis, imaging, magnetometer, it doesn’t really matter. The point is that you think about the way devices interact with the world we live in.
• You have a good sense of how people want to use mobile technology, and what will and won’t work.
• If you have experience with back-end web engineering, so much the better. It may not be your primary responsibility, but it’s great perspective.