Senior Electrical Engineering Consultant (closed)
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Senior Electrical Engineering Consultant
To provide a world class electrical engineering consultancy service to the global renewable energy sector.
Renewable energy project developers, regulatory authorities, equipment suppliers, trade associations, network operators, and regional and national governments and agencies.
You will be responsible for delivering electrical engineering consultancy services across a wide client base. This may include all aspects of the design, system analysis, specification and operation of grid integration of renewable energy projects from below 1MW up to and exceeding 1GW, connected at voltage levels from 240V up to 400kV and beyond. The successful applicant will spend most of the time in the office, but will be expected to undertake visits to clients and sites in the UK and overseas.
The Company is recognised as a world-class player in the growing renewable energy industry. They are developing clients in international markets and, as such, there is potential for working on projects around the world. The Company has overseas electrical engineering offices in the United States and Australia.
As a member of a relatively small team, you will be involved in all stages of a project from concept design studies to commissioning and on-going operation.
The opportunity exists for a challenging and rewarding career in an exciting and innovative, expanding industry in a company which is making a significant contribution to the development of renewable energy projects.
Qualifications and Skills
- Good degree (First class or Upper Second Bachelors degree or a higher degree) in Electrical Engineering or Electro-mechanical Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer with significant experience in electrical power engineering.
- A commitment to the renewable energy sector.
- Strong communication skills, such as report writing and presenting.
- Well honed inter-personal and organisational skills.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and to work under pressure while maintaining a flexible disposition.
- An ability to prioritise demanding workloads and pay attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and a team player.
Experience in one (or more) of the following would be advantageous:
- Using power system modelling packages such as DIgSILENT or PSSE to perform dynamic modelling studies.
- Designing protection systems including scheme philosophy, coordination and calculation of relay settings.
- Operation as an Authorised Person on private or public networks.
- Maintain first class client relationships.
- Liaise with clients to interpret requirements and agree scopes of work and, with the support of the Sales and Business Development function, prepare appropriate proposals which win profitable work.
- Work closely with the rest of the Operations team and the Commercial and Regulatory team to meet and deliver client requirements in an efficient manner that meets the high quality standards expected.
- Contribute to the business development activity to secure new clients and to grow the business.
- Carry out all work in accordance with the quality assurance system operated by the Company.