Data Warehouse Architect (closed)
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Data Warehouse Architect with a leading client to be based in Glasgow or Edinburgh.
The Data Warehouse architect is expected to be the lead designer and developer of the core models and cubes and a major contributor to the development of technology strategy
- Design and development of database models, meta-data repository, data marts and OLAP cubes.
- Concerned with the performance of reports / queries on the data warehouse and will work with DBAs to improve performance
- Assure ongoing quality of data in the data warehouse through testing and improved validation steps.
- Communicate new designs / data policies across projects; promote re-use of data structures and integration components.
- Provide guidance for development and analysts to help them follow data warehouse strategy.
- Resolve issues regarding data quality and ability to troubleshoot data problems.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experienced DW Architect
- Strong database development & design experience (data warehousing/business intelligence/management information systems)
- Ideally SSRS, SSIS, SSAS experience
- Communication and Influencing skills.
- SQL 2008 server experience
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
Apply asap for full details on this excellent opportunity