Development Manager (closed)
Our client, a global software and IT services firm based in Galway now has an urgent requirement for a senior Software Development Manager.
Reporting to the IT Director and also to more senior levels within the company you will manage a team of between 3-8 employees. This team consists of engineers that troubleshoot, analyze, replicate, regress and resolve complex product issues that have been escalated to engineering. You will be tasked with establishing and maintaining lines of communication with development and support teams on design, reliability and maintenance issues.
- Manages the activities of a software applications development function for software enhancements and new products.
- Manages 3-8 employees, with responsibility for people management and business results.
- Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products.
- Must have a detailed understanding of all tasks assigned to direct reports.
- Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities.
- Determines goals to meet business objectives.
- Ability to communicate complex information to internal and external audiences.
- Must be familiar with industry standard debugging tools and technologies.
- Skilled in professionally and quickly adapting to change and leading others to do likewise.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Ensures budgets, schedules, and performance requirements are met.
- Proven track record of leading software development teams through all phases of the product cycle
- This candidate must have hands on development experience in any of the following areas
- C++/C#, multi-threaded
- Developing Windows server applications
- Developing in a virtualized environment (VMWare/HyperV)
- Developing call processing applications (advantage)
- Experience with real-time systems (advantage)
- Extensive experience with high availability systems
- Experience with Windows Communications Foundation
- Experience with Visual Studio a plus
- ClearCase and Clearquest experience a plus