VP of Engineering (Head of Technology) - LAMP a MUST! (closed)
Vice President of Engineering / Head of Technology & Engineering, New York, NY
This is a hi-level position with the opportunity to work under and alongside extraordinary and talented leadership for a very successful adtech company. You will work with the best to deliver the best in technology and grow the company.
This position reports directly to the CEO
Contact: Claudia.ElAmrani@xduce.com or 631-805-6509
A large advertising network reaching listeners across thousands of Internet radio. They connect advertisers of all sizes with the fast growing Internet and mobile radio consumer audience through high-impact, targeted, and measurable audio, display and video ads.
Based in New York City, the investors include Union Square Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures and CBS Radio.
They are looking for a Vice President of Engineering to lead its technology development and infrastructure. The candidate will have proven experience recruiting, building, and leading top engineering teams of 10-30 people, delivering successful products and technologies, and will possess a strong desire to successfully lead a talented team.
The candidate will also possess business acumen and as a key member of the company’s senior management team work side-by-side with the CEO and the heads of sales, publisher development, and product management to translate market needs and business opportunities into developing new products.
The role includes overseeing technical integration with strategic partners and the management of technical vendor relationships (such as data centers and CDNs). The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication, project management, technical strategy and technical leadership skills, and have experience leading external-facing technical discussions.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, high-caliber technology executive with a proven track record of successful leadership and is expected to have the following experience:
- Extensive software engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement highly scalable web environments.
- Agile-Scrum development methodology.
- LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) in a replicated environment.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools, such as Nagios for system alarms and Cacti for long term planning, and with support queues, such as Request Tracker.
- Load balancing, puppet for systems configuration, apache tuning, message queue architectures, and MySQL optimization.
- Domain experience in either online advertising or streaming media is a plus.
- Domain experience in iOS, Android, HTML5 development is a plus
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field is a plus.
Base + Bonus + Equity