Sales Engineer - Solution Sales ? Information Security ? Denver, CO (closed)
Sales Engineer - Solution Sales ? Information Security ? Denver, CO area
Our Client a large IT infrastructure integrator is looking for a Sales Engineer for its Denver Territory.
This is a Pre/Post-Sales Engineer role with a team and personal quota.
This is for a Sales engineer whole aspires to sell. 2/3 Sales Engineer, 1/3 Sales rep.
This role will primarily be helping customers optimize their Data Centers, Managing risk and Enhancing a client?s Infrastructure.
Ideal candidates will live within reasonable commuting distance from Denver, CO.
Ideal Candidates MUST have experience with Cisco, Checkpoint or Juniper products.
This position will support the North Carolina Territorty.
· The SE leads all technical aspects of the sales process, supporting Sales Managers in site surveys, technical discovery and qualification meetings for prospective customers and is responsible for educating prospective customers on the firm?s service offerings which include evaluations, network architecture, designs, presentations, RFP responses, pricing, demonstrations, Statements of Work (SOWs), Bills of Materials (BOMs) and proposals to take place on conference calls and/or site visits.
· The SE may be required to actively participate in post-sales activities such as customer network planning, customer training and continually update customers on new service offerings and pricing.
· The SE helps to formulate, define and execute sales strategy with the account team, understanding customer business and technical drivers.
· The SE is responsible to build and maintain relationships with prospects and existing customers.
· The SE will design and engineer solutions based on customer requirements, provide a design document or diagram as necessary and present solutions to the prospect or customer.
· The SE will participate with the account team to obtain customer contract acceptance and ensures final documentation of the proposed solution is complete and delivered to the service delivery department.
· The SE is additionally responsible for developing and presenting technical sales training for the account teams.
· The SE will work closely with internal departments such as Network Architecture, Network Engineering, Project Management and project Delivery teams to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
· Associates? degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or related technical field.
· 6 to 10 years sales engineering experience providing customer presentations, designs and pricing.
· Strong preference for Sales Engineer or Technical Account Management people from Network Equipment vendor or channel partner (VAR/SI), Network Service Provider, such as CLEC, ISP, Managed Services Providers, etc.
· Detailed knowledge of LAN/WAN network technologies such as: TCP/IP, VPN, Ethernet, MPLS, VPLS services and collocation.
· Technical certifications such as Cisco?s CISSP, CCNA, CCNP
· Team player with company and project-oriented initiative
· Ability to be assertive and persuasive with prospects, clients and colleagues
· Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills appropriate for both
· Excellent time management skills to allocate resources across multiple projects
· Familiarity with MS Visio, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
· Strong individual contributor requiring minimal direct supervision: High Performance, Low Maintenance type of employee
· Fundamental knowledge of voice, video and other data types, application and network security awareness, switching and routing best practices and collocation.
· Travel to customer sites required: 20-30% local, regional and national.
· US Citizens or Resident Aliens (Green Card) only
· No H1bs
Strong technical depth on several of the following technology domains:
· IP Access, Core Routing, Switching, QoS
· WAN: Carrier services: DWDM, MPLS, Ethernet, TCP/IP, PSTN
· Cisco Technologies: CallManager, IPCC Express, Nexus, Voice Gateways, Unity Voicemail, Unity Connection, UCC, UCS, cisco/Tandberg Telepresence,Wireless, ICM, QoS
· Familiarity with industry standard routing protocols such as: RIP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, VRRP, MPLS.
· Knowledge of networking equipment from Juniper, Cisco, Extreme, F5, and others.
· Experience with multicast data distribution in either the financial or entertainment verticals
· Knowledge of physical infrastructure such as fiber optics, conduit, etc.
· Knowledge of applications, operating systems and security as they pertain to managed hosted solutions
· Knowledge of electrical power and ability to perform power calculations as it pertains to data center topologies.
· Experience with network testing, monitoring, performance and analysis systems.