Admin Assistant/Receptionist (closed)
LOCATION: Burnaby (right near Royal Oak Skytrain Station)
SALARY: $32-35K + shared benefits and MSP (covered by employer)
HOURS: 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Friday's hours are shorter - will explain when we meet!
Our huge multinational Client has offices in Chile and the US with Clients worldwide! The Corporate Head Office is located in Burnaby.
Don't let the "receptionist" part of this job description dissuade you from applying...you won't be interrupted often with calls due to everyone having a direct line and there's not much walk-in traffic!!
You will concentrate on the following:
- Ensure supplies are available and ordered when required
- Communicate with vendors and suppliers, ensure the business equipment is working properly and janitorial and cafeteria needs are ample
- Coordinate with outsourced IT providers when needed. Would be great if you were able to troubleshoot and provide assistance when someone in the office has an issue
- Assist the Sales Department with planning and organizing trade shows
- Make travel and hotel arrangements
- Ensure meeting rooms are ready with required furniture and equipment neededAssist with delivery/freight arrangements
- General clerical tasks e.g. filing, couriers, data entry and documentation coordination
There's plenty to do to keep you busy on any given day but we do need someone who pays strict attention to detail, can multi-task, is flexible and willing to learn new tasks, enjoys being the "point person" for the office personnel and those out in the field.
Full training will be provided!
MS Word, Excel, alphanumeric data entry and database software experience is essential to be considered.
Please send your cover letter and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and QUOTE: JM- CORP in the subject line of your e-mail