IT Risk Senior Analyst (closed)
Position: IT Risk Senior Analyst
No of Positions: 2
Rate: $55-65/hr CTC/1099 or DOE. FTEs will also be considered.
Area Mission: The IT Risk Senior Analyst will perform assessments within the Technology Division to determine if technical and procedural controls are sufficient for the functions being performed.
The senior analyst will interview subject matter experts from technology areas across the firm. He/she will obtain a deep understanding of the functions performed in the area, determine the inherent risk to the firm and the industry, assess the controls in place and valuate the resulting risk. Depending on the resulting residual risk, the senior analyst may make recommendations to enhance existing controls or to implement new controls.
The candidate will be responsible for maintaining a close working relationship with the managers of the areas under review. He/she will need to clearly document processes and justify the potential impact of specific threats, the value of controls against those threats and the resulting residual risk. He/she will need to understand the impact of changes to manual or automated processes and the impact on the associated controls.
The overall responsibility of the analyst is to ensure transparency within the area of review from a risk perspective.
• Liaison with managers from technical areas to understand their day to day responsibilities.
• For each area of review, document processes, identify threats, valuate controls and determine the remaining residual risk. Determine the impact of potential control breakdowns.
• Perform scenario planning to consider threats and risks not currently addressed by existing controls (‘black swan’ type events).
• Maintain a close working relationship with those managers to ensure transparency within their areas and to be aware of changes in processes, new initiatives, etc.
• 5-7 years as a technology specialist with a deep understanding of SDLC, application development, networking, platforms, databases system dependencies, etc.
• 2-3 years in or working with a control function such as IT Audit, IT Risk or related field.
• Strong problem solving skills with regards to technology and complex environments.
• Familiarity with IT Governance frameworks such as ITIL, FFIEC, CoBIT, CMM.
• Experience with OCTAVE a plus.
• Familiarity with GRC platforms as an end user and preferably an administrator.
• Must be able to multi task and meet strict deadlines.
• Must be able to work with a diverse distributed team on a dotted line basis.
• Must have excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
• Must be comfortable with creating and making presentations to senior leadership as needed.
Manager | Recruiting
11611 SW 98th ST
Miami, Florida 33176
T: (315) 683 3001
F: (305) 397 2534