Area Sales Manager (closed)
From the food we eat to the clothes we wear, the impact of American agriculture is felt on a daily basis. If you have a passion for being a part of solutions that continue to make progress in agriculture possible, we need to talk!
QualStaff is proud to be working with a national client that is seeking Area Sales Managers to join the team and serve their members in large geographical territories. We will be rapidly filling a position based in Denver, CO to service all of CO, ID and UT and another position based in Wisconsin to service all of WI, MN and MI.
This position is focused specifically on large dairy farm operations and will act as a business partner to the farm owners to help them secure access to the goods and services they need at discounted rates.
The Area Sales Manager will:
- Be responsible for all aspects of the consultative sales process including member/new customer education as it relates to all products and services available.
- Actively seek out new products and services to offer members by identifying prospective suppliers.
- Work collaboratively with the central support team, fellow Area Sales Managers and cooperative field staff to address member needs.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the complete line of products and services to include, but are not limited to, milking supplies, barn equipment and feed commodities.
- Coordinate and attend farm shows, membership meetings and other events as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess:
ü B.S. in Business Management or Animal Science with a minimum of 5 years experience in direct on farm sales or the equivalent direct business experience
ü Ability to manage a large geographically defined territory, plan a weekly schedule and organize multiple activities
ü Exhibit a familiarity with dairy farms and dairy farming practices
ü Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, MapPoint, PowerPoint and a CRM tool
This position manages a large territory, so travel is expected to be around 75% with overnight travel required to effectively manage the territory. Our client offers an excellent compensation package, in-depth training, full benefits and much more!
Please contact Chad Johnson at (913) 498-3434 or firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.