The Process Engineer will be responsible to prepare process designs according to customer’s inquiries that are supported by company’s process guarantees. The purpose of the position is to provide the equipment sizing, instrumentation requirements and other design details to minimize equipment cost while maximizing process efficiencies. The objective of the position is to help establish the company as the leading value-added provider of Energy equipment solutions in the markets we serve.
Engineer will provide information throughout the various proposal, engineering and fabrication phases to the estimating and project teams regarding all aspects of Process Engineering. The will perform process simulations and develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s) and Heat and Material Balances. Evaluate process designs to previous company’s standards or published designs to determine design competitiveness. Will be responsible to develop sizing information for process equipment provided in the form of equipment data sheets. Assist in developing plant or process control philosophy. Will calculate plant/process recoveries and utility/power requirements. Engineer is expected to stay current with technical developments in process engineering and process equipment. Develop innovative ideas and alternatives to be cost competitive during the estimating phase. Will be expected to recommend process guarantee levels. Support business development in presenting technical details to potential clients. Provide technical direction and expertise to Project Engineering/manufacturing for work in process. Provide design and sizing of control and safety relief valves. Support electrical and mechanical engineering for line sizing, initial instrument lists, logic diagrams, cause & effects charts, pump NPSH requirements, and hydraulic calculations, etc. Periodically participate in HAZOP meetings and perform field trouble shooting, as required. Will be expected to assist in start-up, commissioning and performance. Less than 25% travel is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency with process simulators such as ProMax, HYSYS, VMGsim, etc.
- Experience with heat exchangers, distillation columns, separators, filters, compressors, pumps, treaters, reboilers, contractors, etc.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office software including Excel.
- An ability to work with minimal supervision and ability to prioritize workload to meet due dates. Must have strong problem solving skills.
- Must also be analytical and detail orientated while remaining creative and innovative.
- Be able to effectively communicate process concepts to both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline.
- Registered Professional Engineer with a minimum of 5 years energy industry experience; 3 years of which must be in process simulations.
- Project engineering or operations experience is preferable.
- Experience in an ISO 9000 environment is suggested.
*No relocation provided.
*Please send inquiries to Maggie Cody @ email@example.com