Experience Analyst - CFP Board (closed)
Now more than ever, consumers must possess high confidence in the ability of their financial advisors and the standards by which they are governed. CFP Board is the professional standards body for over 65,000 professionals holding the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification. CFP Board’s mission is to foster professional standards in personal financial planning so that the public benefits from competent and ethical financial planning.
As the Experience Analyst, you will play a critical role in the overall success of an organization that is respected throughout the financial world. CFP® certification is the recognized standard of excellence for personal financial planning. Attaining CFP® certification is a highly esteemed professional achievement for those who work within the financial services industry.
As the Experience Analyst, you will have the opportunity to put your knowledge of the financial industry, along with your CFP® certification, to work. In this position, you will be a key player in an organization that, despite our outstanding reputation, continues to 'raise the bar.' Surrounded by colleagues who are high achieving professionals, you will be challenged and stretched.
Your role is vital to ensuring that our established standards continue to be met. Reporting to the Director of Examinations and Experience, you will be responsible for ensuring that all CFP® candidates meet CFP Board Experience standards for initial certification, and you will review denied or disputed decisions with senior managers. Using your investigative skills, you will navigate your way through areas of 'grey,' and will logically construct a defensible case when confronted with ambiguity. You'll keep track of metrics, and through analytical writing, you will provide summaries and reports. We'll look to you to help us to evaluate and improve the certification processes and policies for compliance, effectiveness, and efficiency, as well as to identify potential discrepancies or misrepresentations for follow-up investigation by Professional Standards. At CFP Board, even though we're held to third party standards, the standards to which we hold ourselves are even higher.
Responsibilities of the Experience Analyst
In this role, you will:
- Evaluate experience standard for initial certification submissions for compliance with CFP Board standards.
- Review and analyze job titles, descriptions and business models against CFP Board standards and requirements and request clarification of descriptions as needed to determine whether candidates’ experiences meet the requirements.
- Research job descriptions and companies to determine actual duties and responsibilities against reported experiences and in the context of our standards.
- Engage in interactive dialogue with candidates, CFP® professionals, and other stakeholders to ensure understanding of, and compliance with, CFP Board policies and requirements.
- Prepare and give public presentations on CFP Board experience requirements to stakeholders and CFP Board staff.
- Prepare and plan for “surge” volume periods. Actions can include training temporary employees, coordinating staff assignments, collaborating with Professional Standards, establishing goals, and monitoring progress.
- Coordinate with members of the Professional Standards Department to ensure that candidates and CFP® professionals comply with CFP Board standards.
- Develop and implement an audit process to ensure candidates’ experience meets standards.
Requirements and Attributes of the Experience Analyst
Thss position requires the following:
- Experience as a Standards Specialist or relevant competencies that would enable success in this role.
- A four-year college degree that develops cognitive and analytical skills.
- Business degree (finance, economics, etc) or work experience in financial services sector.
- CFP® professional with financial planning subject matter experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to analyze various financial job titles and descriptions against CFP Board’s experience standards and requirements.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to effectively ask questions and communicate in potentially challenging situations.
- Written communication skills that convey a positive impression.
- Experience effectively collaborating with others to achieve goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn NetForum.
Attributes of a successful Experience Analyst
- Project management: You are an excellent project manager who allocates and optimizes resources, manages timelines, and gets the project done. You effectively manage a situation from start to finish.
- Systems thinker: You understand the ‘big picture’ and are able to manage complex systems that have many moving parts and varied interests.
- Detail-oriented: You skillfully manage details and are highly organized.
- Tactful: You consistently demonstrate tact, diplomacy, and good judgment.
- Effective communicator: You communicate and coordinate effectively at every level.
- Solution-focused: You are able to find solutions to problems and are precise with providing details.
- Confidence: You are confident and can effectively advocate your positions.
- Flexible: Your flexibility allows you to adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid environment.
- Service-oriented and mission-focused: You are externally focused and committed to providing the highest level of service while remaining aligned with the mission of the organization.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification is one of the most respected financial planning credentials and is often referred to as the “gold standard.” At CFP Board, you are upholding the public trust.
- CFP Board is well-managed, financially strong, and still growing.
- An action-oriented environment where staff are rewarded for their performance and accomplishments.
- This is a highly visible, collaborative position in an organization where everyone communicates with one another, everyone trusts one another, and everyone’s expertise is valued.
- Our staff is professional and collegial, and we genuinely care about our colleagues.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and we maintain a work-lifebalance.
To Apply for the Experience Analyst position:
The fastest way to apply is to simply email a Word version of your resume and cover letter to Gina Schurman at firstname.lastname@example.org with “CFP-Experience Analyst/2012-1487” in the subject line of the email.