Drupal Development Consultant (4 Mons) (closed)
This is a short term position (est. 6 months) as part of the DC.Gov Project. This project is migrating all District agency websites to the new Drupal platform for DC.Gov. The position will work with the project team on various Drupal development assignments.
• Meets with Project Managers, Business Analysts and Web Editors to develop flexible solutions that will be able to adjust as the migration project advances.
• Analyze user requirements, design and develop technical solutions. Identifies opportunities and risks when developing solutions that meet current requirements.
• Documents all solutions as they are developed. Offers suggestions for improvement and remains flexible with tight schedules and aggressive scope goals.
• Ability to use issue tracking tools, code version control and adhere to basic software development lifecycle processes, including Agile methodologies (Scrum).
• Analyzes code and solution approaches to improve 508 compliance and overall web usability.
• Works in close collaboration with other developers to promote knowledge sharing and facilitate quality development.
• Provides general technical support. Ability to test development work and respond to technical problems reported by QA teams and users.
• Participates in regular deployments and site launches.
• Works with Server Operations teams to make sure system architecture is scalable and to implement performance improvements like caching and Varnish.
• Develops functionality using contributed modules, key contributed modules, core API, Fields and Views, along with creating custom modules.
• Leads implementation of Apache Solr and integration with Drupal multisite.
• Modifies custom themes as necessary to support functionality and a quality user experience.
Consults with client or department heads to define need or problem, conducts research, performs studies and surveys to obtain data, and analyzes problems to advise on or recommend solutions, utilizing knowledge of theory, principles, or technology of specific discipline or field of specialization. Requires knowledge in fields defined as information technology, computer programming, computer security, computer systems analysis, database management, information systems, Internet applications and development, software development, and related fields.
Ability to learn quickly and actively share knowledge with team members. Able to multi-task while consistently maintaining a high level of quality and productivity. Work effectively in a fast-paced IT environment with quickly changing priorities.
-Drupal Templates/Theme Creation
-Drupal Performance, Caching and Varnish
-SDLC and Agile methodologies
-Version Control (Subversion)
-Mobile web development
-Cross-browser and cross-device website testing and troubleshooting
-Section 508 Compliance