Infrastructure Field Technician (closed)
This position is responsible for the inspection and validation of network components and a third-party system that uses Infra Red to track customers in our stores.
Essential Job Functions:
- Inspect the local area CAN network ensuring that all cabling meets client standards (J-Hooks, IDF, terminations etc.)
- Configure and test System Data Interface and sensors as it relates to the overall solution.
- Monitor store system to ensure that it is fully functional and certified.
- Provide analysis and primary direction related to system issues.
- Provide hands and eyes onsite for remote support personnel.
The successful applicant will possess the following requirements:
- This position requires mid-level computer diagnostic experience.
- Basic knowledge of network cabling standards.
- Experience in a computer environment, inspecting, switch labeling, punch-down installations and cable management.
- Must be able to work independently with little direction.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze CAN network related issues.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- The successful applicant must be able to travel 100%
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
- Familiarity with cable standards and troubleshooting.
- Mid-level computer troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with CAN networks and troubleshooting.