MIS Developer (closed)
SUMMARY: Provides software application support and programming in an effective, efficient and accurate manner with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Supports and leads projects for Applications Development group.
Essential Duties: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages project timelines as associated to Application Development Department.
- Administers and oversees the bid process for improvements and upgrades. Evaluates for compatibility to operating system and current software.
- Maintains relationships with outside vendors as related to Application Development to ensure company and business goals are being met.
- Assists with design and implementation of annual budget for Application Development Department.
- Provides programming support on an ad hoc basis.
- Meets with various departments and executive members to strategically plan for future projects and implementations.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in managing and mentoring a team of developers.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong team collaboration skills; ability to work well with internal and external teams, including customers and vendors and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects, while in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise judgment when solving problems.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of PC and server hardware, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Sharepoint, LAN/WAN Networking, UNIX preferably AIX. Exceptionally strong working experience developing in the latest graphical toolsets, specifically .Net C## within a Visual Studio framework. Exceptionally strong experience designing and integrating with relational technology. Experience with Retail and/or Contractor Building Material applications is preferred.
- Travel up to 15% of the time.