Senior Network Engineer (closed)
Work as a member of a highly technical Global engineering team in the design, implementation, and operation of the enterprise-wide global Network in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. May assist with planning and development of tools, utilities and mechanisms that automate the operation, and documentation of enterprise-wide Network Infrastructure. Facilitate progress of projects, working within and outside of the Systems Engineering area. Must exercise strong leadership, initiative, planning and solid judgment. Must also be able to prioritize work, learn new concepts quickly and juggle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. Provide coaching and mentoring for technical Engineering and Operations team members, as well as peers.
- Develop processes that ensure highest reliability, strong system and network security, and optimal performance characteristics within a large-scale campus enterprise, including metrics that quantify these characteristics and documentation that accurately reflects the configuration of our systems and network.
- Work in collaboration with other departments or organizations to develop and analyze systems in support of their projects or mission, then upgrade or enhance the infrastructure to meet their requirements.
- Lead projects and efforts that require specialized infrastructure skills.
- Work with the various project stakeholders to facilitate implementation and completion of the projects.
- Design secure infrastructure for critical applications.
- Design and development of disaster recovery and system recovery plans.
- Define infrastructure requirements for the implementation of new applications.
- May act as project manager in area of expertise.
- Provide technical support for complex production systems and services.
- Proactively monitor infrastructure for optimal performance and provide input for capacity planning and fine tune infrastructure when needed.
- Lead in the evaluation of new products and services.
- May execute specific activities related to the improvement or performance of systems infrastructures.
- Identifies areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed.
- Maintains all relevant documentation.
- Participates in related industry organizations and special interest groups.
- Maintains relationships with 3rd party technical support providers.
- WAN/LAN design and implementation
- Primarily responsible for system designs, future network, root cause elimination and capacity planning of corporate and enterprise data center infrastructure
- Experience on large-scale network infrastructure projects supporting end-to-end connectivity
- Configure and troubleshoot WAN routers, LAN switches and application load balancers
- Application analysis, as it pertains to performance with network electronics.
- Bachelor Degree (Computer Science) or equivalent work experience
- 8 to 10 years related work experience, including design and development
- Several years networking experience, including Nortel and Cisco
- Extensive experience with global environments
- Experience designing scalable, highly available Data Center networks
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network services, OSPF, BGP, MPLS
- Ecommerce background desired
- Proficient knowledge of project management methodologies and/or leading large technical projects
- Strong analysis, planning and decision making skills
- Experience managing and improving processes
- Experience Strategic Thinking ? Support Strategy
- Experience analyzing and defining requirements
- Experience designing complex subsystems