Assistant Project Manager (closed)
Canada’s leading provider of Engineering Staffing Solutions, offering hundreds of permanent and contract opportunities across all roles, levels and specialties coast to coast. Our Web-based tools help you see and apply for jobs matched automatically to your skills and preferences. When you're ready to interview we meet with you in person to help you build the Engineering career path you've always wanted. Visit www.randstadengineering.ca to get started!
Assistant Project Manager
Long Harbour, Newfoundland
A Strong track record with projects budgeting $7 million plus while overseeing 200,000 man hours
• Develops, maintains, updates, distributes and manages estimates.
• Manages and monitors the critical path on the master schedule. Manages and monitors all assigned aspects of the schedule.
• Manages to schedule requirements and prepares contingency plans to address nonconformance issues for The Company and subcontractors.
• Develops the overall plan for constructing the project, including methodology, means and master schedule.
• Monitors tool and equipment usage and intervenes as necessary.
• Requires extensive knowledge of cost accounting/reporting system, labor productivity, GC projection reports and expense projections to recognize and correct cost overruns and compensate for estimating mistakes.
• Controls expenses and costs on the project. Regularly studies the labor productivity report and budget status. Takes action as required to keep the project on budget.
• Possesses the ability to apply all utilized modules of project controls software as an effective management tool.
• Ensures drawings, as-built drawings are assembled, updated routinely and maintained.
• Ensures test reports, inspection reports and permits are maintained.
• Ensures reporting and maintenance of all safety-related and quality management documentation.
• Coordinates support functions including project start up with internal and external team members.
• Manages risk exposures on the project.
• Conducts regular meetings with subcontractors to coordinate activities, review progress and address issues. Communicates original schedule and schedule changes to subcontractors.
• Serves as the neutral arbitrator on jurisdictional issues.
• Leads, models appropriate behavior and ensures the philosophy is followed throughout the project.
• Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with subcontractors. Monitors subcontractor performance, relying on direct observation, observations of the Superintendent and Project Manager, labor productivity reports, etc.
• Manages all labor relations and jurisdiction.
• Effectively manages the start-up of the project.
• Thorough knowledge of SafeRing policies and practices.
• Knows, practices and enforces the Company safety policies and procedures. Models and reinforces safety as the top priority on the project site. Ensures the project site is safe.
• Establishes clear safety expectations for all on the project site, including subcontractors and visitors.
• Reviews costs against estimates for each total project and tracks variances weekly.
• Accountable for change management process.
• Verifies and approves contract personnel timesheets weekly.
• Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager/Project Director, serves as the acting Project Manager/Project Director in his/her absence.
Manages and directs Superintendents and non-supervisory administrative employees. Is responsible for the overall direction and management of these employees.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports and adheres to the matrix organization format.
• Models and reinforces safety as a top priority of the organization.
• Meets schedules and deadlines, adheres to policies and procedures and maintains a good attendance/tardiness record.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Education, Experience and Skills
• BS Degree in Engineering with a focus in the following :
• Construction Management
• project management 2 to 5 years experience
Technical and Mental Skills
• Experience in report writing technical procedures or governmental regulations.
• Writes reports, business correspondence and procedures.
• Interprets an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Comprehends and applies principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra and advanced statistical theory.
• Color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Do you have this experience? If you answer YES, then please apply IMMEDIATELY to Job Order #219577 so we can then discuss your experience and interest in this opportunity!