Our Client is seeking a Controller with experience working in the Automotive Industry.
The Controller provides sales and expense analyses summarizing potential problem areas and opportunities for improved profitability relative to monthly and annual forecasts. They will also report the financial condition of the total dealership to the CEO and CGO regularly and accurately.
- Prepare a complete financial statement monthly according to dealership guidelines.
- Interprets the financial statement regularly and inform CEO/CFO of developing trends
- Participates in the preparation of short and long term financial forecast for the dealership
- Maintains an effective cash managements system that forecast cash funds
- Makes recommendations for profitable uses of excess cash
- Directs assessment of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets
- Reviews the general ledger and scheduled accounts, notes and unusual entries and investigates
- Reviews the reconciliation of general ledger accounts with outside sources to ensure proper bank reconciliation, reserve accounts and floor plan payable
- Ensures compliance with all applicable with all applicable government finance regulations , including filing and/or maintain of required form, payroll taxes and deposits, income taxes, retirement plan records and etc
- Manages the dealership computer system to maximize utilization
- Administers a loss review program and maintains loss reserves for contingent liabilities and trade receivables
- Meets with CEP/CFO to evaluate all insurance renewals
- Purchases property and liability insurance
- Prepares and processes all insurance claims
- Coordinates annual audit or review and physical inventory
- Ensures that all office personnel are using proper accounting procedures and maintaining accurate records and analysis
- Supervises the preparation of all information for the CPA in order to minimize audit or review costs.
- Continually strives to improve data integrity and information reporting throughout the dealership
- Trains and develops team
- Monitors and ensures customer service excellence is given to all customers
- Ability to effectively present information and respond with urgency to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to cope with pressure, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Maintains a safe work environment
- Adheres to company core values: Customer service excellence, integrity, diversity, communication, respect and passion
- Adheres to Clients Auto’s Employee handbook
- Exhibits an ability to react with urgency to business needs
- Ability to write report, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrates professionalism, leadership and confidence
- Maintains a positive and enthusiastic attitude for an extended period of time
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build Consensus and be an effective change agent
- Evaluate department performance and provide timely coaching, feedback and reviews
- Manages Assistant Controller, Title Clerks and Accounting Clerks.
- Bachelors Degree preferably in Finance or Accounting
- 4-6 years related experience or training
- Ability to write reports, business correspondences and procedure manuals
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulation
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal and have strong listening skills.