Veteran Candidates preferred.
Rep & Warrants Claims Management is responsible for analyzing, responding to, and negotiating claims of a breach of representations and warranties of the Bank’s residential mortgage contracts for all counter parties, including GSE’s & other government entities, private investors, bond insurers, and mortgage insurers, and asserting claims against counterparties who sold residential mortgages to the Bank where the Bank believes they have breached the representations and warranties of the contracts. This role will be responsible for performing complex analysis and modeling that maximizes recovery on denied or rescinded mortgage insurance claims. The function will provide analytical support on various recovery strategies and tactics to ensure company goals are met. He/she will develop operational reporting to track performance, KPI and capacity reports for senior management as well as review and analyze trends in current recovery methodologies to provide input. The RMA III will develop more complex models to extract data and use databases to provide statistical and financial modeling. He/she will participate in optimizing business operations to maximize department efficiencies; may manage others.
• Advanced Excel background including macros, pivot tables, Visual Basic, If-Then etc.
• 5-7 years experience with a mortgage bank, brokerage or related financial institution.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or equivalent.
• Must be highly proficient in written and verbal communications and able to demonstrate expertise supporting key assumptions used in creating models and analysis.
• The ability to thrive in a very fast-paced, high-volume work environment with tight deadlines is essential.
Desired Computer/Software Skills:
• SQL or other database query experience
• Comfortable with various IT systems and related protocols.
Excel Performances Required:
Sequel, Excel and Access optimal proficiency is essential (advanced formulas, pivot tables, data manipulation)