Decommissioning Project Licensing Manager (closed)
Location: Hematite Decommissioning Site located in Festus, Missouri.
Duration: This position will be for a 2-3 year long decommissioning and remediation project for a former nuclear fuel fabrication facility.
Responsibilities: The Hematite Licensing Manager is responsible for the License issued by NRC, Nuclear Criticality Safety, and Material Control and Accounting. In this position, the Licensing Manager's responsibilities include, but are not be limited to:
1. Managing Licensing Department personnel, budget, schedule, and applicable performance metrics to perform the following activities under the requirements of the NRC applicable to facilities licensed under 10 CFR 70:
- Ensuring Site compliance with a comprehensive Decommissioning Plan and supporting documents, including but not limited to Safety Evaluation Report, Decommissioning Environmental Report, Final Status Survey Plan, Fundamental Nuclear Material Control Plan, Physical Security Plan, and Decommissioning Funding Plan.
- Preparing licensing basis document changes, including:-License amendment request(s);-Exemption request(s) as necessary; and Site facility and program changes
- Making reportability determinations, routine reports, regulatory interpretations, procedure changes, commitment tracking, change control evaluations, etc.
- Performing periodic self-assessments of and track status of corrective actions within the Licensing Department.
- Effectively developing and coordinating violation responses, exemption requests, and other written communications.
- Implementing licensing basis revisions including procedure updates, training support, and reviews for quality.
- Tracking commitments pursuant to NRC Regulations, License, Decommissioning Plan and supporting documents.
2. Managing day-to-day nuclear criticality safety activities, including nuclear criticality safety assessments, evaluations, calculations, and inspections
3. Managing day-to-day material control and accounting activities, including inventory tracking, shipping and receipt documentation, and inspections.
4. Maintaining effective communications with NRC headquarters and Region III, including taking a lead role for the Site during inspections.
Experience A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- Six (6) years of nuclear licensing experience, with at least three (3) years involving frequent, direct interface with NRC personnel.
- Three (3) years in a management role in a safety or environmental discipline.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational management skills.
- Nuclear decommissioning experience under NRC requirements. Substantial team-driven experience in a multi-tasking environment is desired.
- Must provide a fitness for duty certificate
- Must pass the necessary drug and background checks required for site