Cerner Application Analyst - Classic Pathnet LIS (closed)
The HCI Group, a Partner in Your Career
The HCI Group is a strategic partner with many of the nation’s largest healthcare systems. Our organization understands all aspects of medical center operations and related information technology to support large fully integrated implementations.
Our experience runs from executive leadership, to the best in their field consultants. Every member of HCI’s team has been chosen specifically to bring special skills for client healthcare institutions to achieve Meaningful Use quickly, efficiently, and performing to expectations and demands. Implementing highly complex fully integrated health records is a journey, HCI understands the challenges our clients and staff face and we will work to support your efforts as you work to support our clients.
Position Title: Cerner Application Analyst-Classic Pathnet LIS-Consultant
HCI is currently seeking an experienced Classic Pathnet Consultant to join our rapidly expanding national consulting team.
Position Summary: The Application analyst is responsible for implementation of new tests, new instrument interfaces and general support of the laboratory Classic PathNet system. This includes implementation activities, instrument interfaces, middleware, workflow training, and support to realize efficient and successful integration of hospital laboratory from Meditech to Classic Pathnet. As such, this application analyst is the primary laboratory information system consultant for this implementation. This position also serves as a technical consultant for troubleshooting and resolving issues discovered during implementation between Classic PathNet to Millennium Powerchart. The ideal candidate will have experience and background in both the laboratory and information technology environment as well as with prior implementations of PathNet Classic. Candidate needs Classic experience in: Charting, PDM test changes/test development, Collection routing, Gold Fax, Instrument interfaces
Project Duration: 1 year Qualifications:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Implement new PathNet Classic instrument interfaces and middleware
a. Plan the implementation process
b. Work with customer to take ownership of process when complete
c. Assist customer with meeting their regulatory and validation requirements
d. Assist with test script development
e. Assist with testing
f. Provide appropriate training for the customer on newly installed instrument interfaces.
g. Manage the integration process to meet customer expectations and timeline.
2. Perform troubleshooting on issues related to instrument interfaces and middleware
a. Work with Cerner to investigate problems
b. Diagnose probable causes
c. Systematically eliminate alternatives
d. Provide solutions
e. Recognize and communicate issues, complaints and potential improvements
3. Develop and implement new tests
a. Create the test in PDM
b. Chart the test in Classic
c. Develop new charting schema for Microbiology
d. Follow all change control procedures
4. Assist in the development of training programs (workshops and onsite training) for end-users and technical services to maintain desired levels of customer satisfaction and reference ability.
5. Provide technical information in layman’s terms to direct management/peers and other functional groups. Proactively address objectives and organizational directives.
6. This individual must possess strong interpersonal, persuasive, problem solving and communication skills. The individual must demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, can-do attitude and strong desire to set and achieve goals.
7. Other duties as requested.
- · Education/Knowledge Required: Bachelors Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or Biological Sciences (Chemistry, Biology etc.). Medical Technologist degree is preferred but not required with sufficient laboratory and Cerner PathNet Classic experience. Experience with Cerner Pathnet Classic is an absolute requirement.
- · Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: American Society of Clinical Pathology or CLS certification desired.
- · Experience Level: 5-7 Years Experience
- · Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite; Laboratory Information Systems, especially Cerner PathNet Classic.
- · Communication Skills: Strong written and oral communications skills required. Professional conduct necessary at all times even under stressful conditions.
- · Decision Making Ability: Demonstrated ability to analyze, problem solve and evaluate technical/IT data. Ability to assemble thoughts and conclusions into cogent and persuasive format, present professionally and gain acceptance / buy-in.
- · Project Management Ability: Demonstrated ability to execute moderately to highly complex single and multisite integration activities to keep project momentum and manage issues (e.g. instrument operation, workflow and middleware).
- · Problem-Solving Ability: Demonstrated ability to both independently and collaboratively solve complex technical and workflow concerns.
- · Other Skills: Strong presentation and persuasive skills highly desirable.
HCI values our employees and provides our staff with a competitive benefits package. Opportunities are available for either full-time or 1099. For more information on our company, please visit us at: www.thehcigroup.com