Vice President, Project Development (closed)
Position: Vice President, Project Development
Sector: Private Sector
Mandatory Skills: Proven track of executing commercial growth
Location: Ottawa, ON
Start Date: ASAP (flexible)
On behalf of our private sector client, Procom is looking for the right candidate to join their team as Vice President of Project Development. The Vice President, Project Development will join the Business Development team responsible for driving and executing on the Company’s strategy and ambitious growth plans. The Business Development team works to understand short, medium and long term market opportunities to support the development of the project pipeline. Prospects are qualified and key data is gathered to justify whether a prospect is viable. From the qualifications stage, projects are identified and developed.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Business Development, and the successful candidate will develop and execute plans for commercial growth. This mandate will include all aspects of project development including securing financeable waste supply agreements, power purchase agreements with local utilities, sites and ensuring that the projects move successfully through to financial close.
- Identify and develop municipal opportunities through engagement with elected officials and staff at all levels of government. This includes negotiating and closing waste supply agreements that meet minimum rates of return and the identifying and securing acceptable project site locations.
- Engage with local utilities to structure and close power purchase agreements for the sale of electricity and environmental attributes
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President of Project Finance to identify local financing sources; commercial banks, green development banks, mandated lenders and develop an understanding of government funding programs
- Develop an understanding of the permitting and public consultation process necessary to construct the plant
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President of Public Affairs to develop strategies to influence the development of public policy, permissions and legislation
- Work collaboratively with Communications to develop and execute regional communications strategies to create a favorable consensus among key project stakeholders for the selection, permitting, planning and operation of facilities.
- Assist Corporate offices in establishing and building brand equity in defined areas of responsibility
- Develop and be responsible for budgets for all activities within the defined areas of responsibility
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the relevant public policy, dynamics within local government, influential advocacy groups, and constituent opinion
- Maintain up to date knowledge of competitor activity
- Prepare reports indicating opportunity status, forecasts, etc.
- Represent the company at Business Development and Marketing related activities within the greater business, public, and constituent communities
- Degree in Business, MBA considered an asset
- Experience within the power industry with demonstrated success in the development and management of projects through to financial close
- Previous knowledge of commercial aspects of development projects
- Exceptional people skills with significant experience in developing and managing relationships with internal and external constituencies
- Must demonstrate mature strategic and critical thinking skills with an emphasis on innovation and creativity
- Ability to convey complex technical and policy issues using language and concepts that are both accurate and understandable to general audiences
- Results oriented with strong bias for action and a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Customer-centric mindset and able to translate customer issues/needs into win-win solutions
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills, including the ability to efficiently and effectively manage multiple priorities
- Self-starter who needs little direction and has excellent time management skills
- Must have the desire to travel worldwide without restriction up to 30-50%
If you are interested in this position, please submit your most recent resume to:
Why Partner with Procom?
Procom is a leading provider of IT services and for over 30 years we have been finding high-quality jobs for our candidates. Our policies of maintaining open communication with both clients and candidates consistently make us the IT Firm of Choice in North America.
Procom offers all the tools needed to charge your IT consulting career, including access to exciting consulting opportunities, a seamless contract management platform and prompt payment options. Procom currently have more than 3800 consultants on assignment and place hundreds of people in permanent positions annually.
Procom is committed to employment equity and make every attempt to allow equal representation for all within the workplace.
We would like to thank you for your interest. Please note that all submissions will be assessed within 24 hours of application however only suitable candidates will be contacted further.
Please submit your most recent resume online by clicking "Apply For This Job" below.